lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 CC wiring/solenoid issues

I'm working on a 2002 gas club car, seems that the key switch is faulty. with key on or off, no power is coming from the terminal with the white and white/black striped wire. from what ive been reading on this forum, with the key on, you should be getting 12v going to the microswitch behind the shifter, which im also not getting any power to with the key "on"

but to add to that, the post on the solenoid that should only be powered up with the key on, in gear, and gas pedal down, is getting power whenever the key is on. so both small terminals on the solenoid are powered whenever the key is on.

faulty solenoid and key switch? or how can i bench test both of them to see whats going on inside each unit.

thanks in advance, Aaron.
CCllcAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 CC wiring/solenoid issues

Try this, 2001 2002 Club Car wiring :

Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the response, ive had that same diagram printed out to a full sheet for the past three days trying to find another reason for any of the issues, but i cant see any other ways that the small terminal on the solenoid would have power without the cart in gear, with the pedal depressed.

i just changed the keyswitch in another club car with the same issue (minus the solenoid problem) and im still not getting power to the white/white-black wires when the key is turned. from what ive read on the site, that terminal should be getting 12v with the key on, therefore sending 12v to the microswitch behind the shifter.

ive been doing forum investigation for years now, ive covered the basics, searched for hours and have diagrams and troubleshooting procedures, but things just arent matching up with the information im finding online.

any other advice?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

*ALSO* im wondering if theres the numbered list that goes along with that diagram. that may or may not help trace what the issue is.

im mostly new to golf cart diagnostics and troubleshooting.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the wiring is correct and you have a good ignition switch, I would lean toward a faulty microswitch or two. Check the microswitches for proper operation or replace the four for around $10.00, that is if you have not already done so. If that's not it, I don't know. Maybe someoe else will come around.
Good Luck,
Jimmie
Old 07-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCllcAaron View Post
*ALSO* im wondering if theres the numbered list that goes along with that diagram. that may or may not help trace what the issue is.

im mostly new to golf cart diagnostics and troubleshooting.
I'll look in the manual tonight and see.

Jimmie
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

appreciate it jimmie.

from what ive discovered this morning, a lot of the troubleshooting stuff is backwards. the key doesnt provide power to the white and white/black wire, the key is a check point for power from the FR switch. power comes from the solenoid, to the throttle switch, then to the FR, then through the key switch to the starter/generator.

fixed one club car, ended up being a faulty solenoid that was actually new. put another in and it was straight, that was after i found out that power is supposed to come from the solenoid first.

doing the same checks on the first CC i mentioned, ive got power from the solenoid, through the throttle switch, up to the FR switch, and when in gear, pushing the gas will make the solenoid click, but nothing else

-- Since the white/black wire goes from the key switch to the RPM limiter, im wondering if that could be the issue.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Here are the item numbers you ask for:

Wiring Items 2001-2002 DS.JPG

From what you are saying your solenoid or your starter/generator could be the problem. You could also have a bad ground from your motor to frame or from your battery to frame. They should be clean and tight.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
johnandret
Not Yet Wild

the white black i beleive are ground for shutting engine off with the key or pedal or f.n.r.
make sure you have a good engine ground, take a jumper from a good ground on the engine to neg. battery post then you will know if it is or isnt that.
johnandret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
johnandret
Not Yet Wild

also check if you have battery voltage at the post on the solenoid that runs to the motor gen. when the pedal is pushed and you hear the click of sol.
johnandret is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car