lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default allsport lift down

so i live about 250 yards from the beach,nothing is safe. stainless steel and aluminum corrode instead of rusting.
pulling into my garage there is like a 2" lip you have to drive over, as i was doing so, i heard this pop! looked down a noticed my driver side spindle, was sitting cockeyed. after looking closer i noticed that my lower ball joint had snapped into. no problem i just go get another bolt.....it's not that easy my anti-seize lube did not work.....bolt has corroded to the part itself and is not budging.....

any advice would be greatly appreciated, soaked it down with corrosion-x, and am heading to town to buy titanium drill bits and a easy out.....

thanks for the help
PPC
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: allsport lift down

After you drill it for the easy-out,make sure the easy-out fits snug.Remove the easy-out.Get a pop or water-bottle,poke a small hole in the cap,fill the bottle with water.Heat the outer-piece with a torch(bernz-o-matic,butane,oxy-acetylene,etc...)get the piece red,or close,then blast the broken-bolt with water,repeat heating,quickly quench again,then quickly pound your easy-out in,and try to remove it.It should come right out.When you get easy-outs,don't get the long drill-bit type,they are worthless.find the short agressive ones,they have a hex for a wrench on the head.Mine are Snap-On,but others make them too.They always work,the others always break-off,or just spin.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Good tip Pachanga
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Try this same trick on things like Brake-Bleeders on cars.Up here in the Salt-Belt,everything is rusted solid in a few weeks once winter gets here!!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

somtimes you gotta know when to call it quits, broke every bit i had, 2 different easy outs gone by the way side, snapped. ended up wallering (is wallering even a word?) the dang thang out, just trying to get the broke easy out out!!! chipped all the pretty powder coat off. note to self........let son do it next time...... called allsports they are sending me a new spindle on monday. lesson learned
Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If its' a costly part,see how much someone would want to machine it out.Alot of small machine-shops do stuff like that real cheap.Give it a try.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

even small shops usually charge a minimum hour labor. at work that is $50 last I checked.

those bolts were grade 5 at least. takes a good hand or a machine to drill out as they are semi hard/tough

I would definately be giving the whole front end a once over and taking it all apart and putting it back together with anti seize or something?

I know it says use lock tight on those bolts. I usually just run them home with my impact. Probably bite me someday....
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

You've gotta be careful with an impact on smaller Grade-5 hardware,it can crack/twist easily.If using Lock-Tite,use Blue,not Red or Green.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

did not bother with the machine shop, there is not one on our island, you have to go to mainland for something like that. i called allsports direct and they sent me the part,(109$)it will be here on Friday.
took your advice and back out and checked all the bolts on the front end, found 2 more bolts that had turned green. *** corrosion no more lock tight,ant-siez and a impact...... we will sea how long this last??? o the joys of living on a island......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car