lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent Speed Sensor Magnet

FYI

Usually with a stock motor and a high speed magnet you'll get from 19-22 MPH depending on tire size and condition of your batterys. With my 22" tires and a high speed magnet on my stock motor I was getting 21-22mph.

With my PlumQuick Purple Bandit PH package I'll do 30+ MPH. With a regular Purple Bandit I got 26+ MPH, both on level ground. Both of these are the REAL Purple Motors...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #12
DMallard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Received the high speed magnet this afternoon, will see if I can further identify the motor when we install it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
DMM
DMallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #13
DMallard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

We installed the new "high speed magnet" this afternoon and didn't notice that much difference from the "oblong" magnet, taking awhile to get to 19 mph. I've attached a photo of the new magnet and the original "oblong" magnet. It's now obvious it was doctored as Sergio explained above.

Since I've raised the purple motor question, can anybody recognize the motor from the attached phone photos? Working outside under the cart and not very good light but I couldn't get a clear shot of any label other that the partial shown. Would love to hear it is a Plum Quick but really haven't experienced anything that would have made me think that.

Thanks again for any and all help!

Cheers,
DMM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed Magnets.jpg (272.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 1.jpg (231.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 2.jpg (247.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 3.jpg (265.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #14
greg-g
Gone Wild

Sure looks like a PQ motor to me and that is exactly what they do to the magnets so there's something wrong, that is supposed to be a 25 mph motor
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Different color purple than mine, but has plumb quick handle.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #16
DMallard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Amazing info. I've had this cart over a year, and have thought it was plain jane stock but with speed code 4. Stock tires, 4 12v batteries, and have never seen over 19.5 mph.

This started with the speed sensor being defective and the cart in limp mode. I purchased a part number 102704901 Kit, Speed Sensor (includes items 29 through 33) for the ADC motor. Would the Plum Quick speed sensor be different?

Cheers,
DMM
Old 01-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are the batteries in good shape? Do you have a voltage meter to show the voltage drop in the pack (and individual batteries) while driving it?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #18
DMallard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Are the batteries in good shape? Do you have a voltage meter to show the voltage drop in the pack (and individual batteries) while driving it?
Just replaced the batteries last month and have not had the need to put the meter on them. Have broken them in following the sticky about batteries, and we always put it on the charger every night. Since the speed sensor problem last week, I've only run up the street watching the GPS to answer the above questions about speed sensors.

The Trojans I replaced had been in there since January 2008 and over the last couple of moths had gotten to the point that they wouldn't hold a charge very long. But coming off a full charge, we never seemed to have any problem getting up to the 19.5 mph and the braking cutting in abruptly. I think that's part of why I'm so surprised to hear this is actually a Plum Quick motor. Seems like if I had the "high speed magnet" I wouldn't have been experiencing that sudden braking always at 19.5 mph.

I'll hook up the meter and see what goes on over the next couple of days.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:35 PM   #19
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Even if it is a PQ motor there is something not quite right... like it's speed. The magnet has rust on it which means water got into the sensor or motor at one time. The magnet also looks cracked which shouldn't be. One thing that PQ does on there motors is their Plum Quick Motor label showing dyno tested as well as a Plum colored / Flame decal. The handle is their signature as well. That motor is delivering stock motor speeds with a high speed magnet. Time for a new motor.

I'm attaching a photo to show the decals on a couple of their motors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1219.jpg (253.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0888.jpg (453.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-01-11 22.57.53.jpg (202.1 KB, 0 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 precedent, magnet, speed sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car