lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
bill-e-boy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default code 3 = 12 mph?

ok guys,

i took my 48 volt 2006 iq ds to the dealer to have the codes read so they could order the code 4. I thought the dealer told me he set the cart on code 3 but I don't see any change in speed even with the full charge. I probably average 9 mph now on straight flat road. Which is no different than before.

So what should I check first? The batteries all read 12.4 to 12.5 volts. Should i just wait until the new code comes in and hope that it'll go 19 or so mph?

thanks,

billy
bill-e-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: code 3 = 12 mph?

Yea, Something is up with your cart only running 9 mph. Is that what it ran before the dealer programmed it? Batteries fully charged? Once you find out what the problem is, instead of paying them $100 to program the stock controller for 19 mph (which alot of them won't get that speed), put that $$$ towards an Alltrax 400 amp controller and get 24 mph plus lot's of torque! Specifically an Alltrax DCX400IQ. No speed codes to deal with.

DCX400IQ on eBaY
AugustaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Also, some folks who don't know how to program the cart properly can leave changes undone real easily.

Take it back and make them show you on the programmer....... It's easy to read.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
bill-e-boy
Getting Wild

Club Car

so guys,

originally my top speed was about 8 -9 mph. still at that now with code 3 unless the guy didn't set it properly.

I could spend about $100 (code 4) to get around 19 mph or
spend $325 (alltrax controller) to get around 24 mph...
this being on a stock 48 Volt iq ds 2006 club car.....
with the code 4, I have read of no other problems like overheating, battery consumption, or any other ill effects, will there be anything I will need to change if I use the controller to get the extra speed?

Seems from all my reading that the first thing alot of yall do is the speed code, lift it, and put on bigger wheels and I should be sitting at around 19 mph with no other problems.

Give me some opinions so I know which way to go - controller or speed code?
bill-e-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

IMO...

Buy the code first!

Then... when you get the "Need for more Speed" Bug...
Then update your motor and controller,
and sell your stock IQ controller for extra $$ because of the code!

once you get "The Bug", It'll never be enough... You'll See!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

My 02 has been running for over 2 years on code 4, no problems at all. Take a gps with you to the dealer to check the speed before you load it up to return home. Been hearing here lately that some dealers are not inputting the codes correctly.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Mine is an 04 IQ cart. This cart came from a course fleet, as most do, and the speed was about 11 mph with two people. With a full charge maybe 12. I considered the code change but then decided to go with the controller. It is a direct bolt in, change nothing! Speed went to 23.7 before a charge, 24.5after a charge with 2 adults and it does away with the code programming. So far, I have no issues with anything overheating even after climbing a steep hill near my house. Not wires, not motor, not controller, and not batteries.

As someone else said you could sell your original controller but I am holding on to mine. You never know when you want to go back stock, like to sell the cart or something. IF... you did sell it, combine say 150 or so plus the 100 you are saving on the programming and you are at 250 on a 325 controller.

Nowhere can you add that kind of MPH for so little money. By the way, mine is a non lifted cart with stock dia tires.

-Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e-boy View Post
so guys,

originally my top speed was about 8 -9 mph. still at that now with code 3 unless the guy didn't set it properly.

I could spend about $100 (code 4) to get around 19 mph or
spend $325 (alltrax controller) to get around 24 mph...
this being on a stock 48 Volt iq ds 2006 club car.....
with the code 4, I have read of no other problems like overheating, battery consumption, or any other ill effects, will there be anything I will need to change if I use the controller to get the extra speed?

Seems from all my reading that the first thing alot of yall do is the speed code, lift it, and put on bigger wheels and I should be sitting at around 19 mph with no other problems.

Give me some opinions so I know which way to go - controller or speed code?
Old 12-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Forgot to ad that if you are going to lift your cart and run larger tires, you will appreciate the extra torque a 400 amp controller will provide instead of losing torque with the stock controller
Old 12-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #9
alareb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would like to know where you can get an alltrax 400iq controller for $325.00
alareb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #10
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alareb View Post
I would like to know where you can get an alltrax 400iq controller for $325.00

JUST CLICK RIGHT HERE 325.00
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car