lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
mineralslee
Not Yet Wild

Default Considering a 2011 Precedent

I'm completely new to carting, trying to educate myself. I'm looking at a pretty much stock cart that someone has added a flip/flop rear seat to. I am interested in doing additional modifications myself...lift, wheels/tires, step up the speed, lights and stereo. Is there anything I should be aware of ? Is this year model a good choice ? Should I be looking for something different ? Any advice is appreciated.

PS..also looking at a 2010 Yamaha, is anyone has comments on that.
mineralslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
breese2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Considering a 2011 Precedent

We bought a 2011 Precedent 2 months ago and it's been a blast. It will likely have the PH serial number indicating an Excel system, so options for speed upgrades are limited compared to other carts. I opted for the motor upgrade first and have been more than pleased. Have already done a couple other upgrades and am getting parts in this week to start on the next one! Ours is a neighborhood cruiser, so we liked the more sleek & refined look of the Precedent body vs the more aggressive look of the EZGO. Both are great looks, just different IMHO. Yamaha body, on the other hand, reminds me of a VW Beetle.
breese2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep speeding up an Excel is not as cheap/easy as an IQ cart but it is not a limiting factor in my opinion and we just enjoy the stink out of our cart out here in our rolling hill and massive hood...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
mineralslee
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responses, hope to take the plunge in the next week or so....then the real questions begin. Thanks again.
mineralslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car