lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #21
seeyalatergator
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 Club Car DS just stopped after installing 2 gauge wires

Ok, great information guys! I think I was using the probes correctly, but I run out of daylight. I will take another stab at it, but it sounds like I will be going under the cart because I didn't have any voltage at the green and white wire with the key on, FNR in forward and accelerator pressed. And BTW it does have a three plug switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fnr.jpg (216.0 KB, 0 views)
seeyalatergator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The micro switch for the interlock is that first one closer to the front of the cart.

On your way home stop at the auto-parts store and pick up a can of CRC electronic contact cleaner.

Spray all over your FNR and micro switches to clean it up and remove oxidation.

Wait a few minutes for it to evaporate as it is flamable and a spark from the FNR can give you a surprise.

You should also spray inside the Multi-Step potentiometer if you end up having to open it.

Your cables don't look too good, but good news is that they don't work on looks.

After You get the cart working, drive it for at least 10 to 20 minutes, make sure You drive it at full speed near the end (so the current is the same through all of the high current cables), stop and immediately start feeling all cable ends near the lugs.

It is normal for them to feel a little warm, but what you are trying to feel is a cable end that is considerably warmer than the rest.

That is an indication of a poor connection that has developed excessive resistance.

If that is the case, replace all of the cables (4ga for stock or larger if You are planning on upgrading to a 500amp or more controller).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #23
seeyalatergator
Not Yet Wild

This cart came from a brick plant where I work. I bought it from my employer when they were going to trade it in. I didn't do anything to it for two years except ride it. It is really nasty underneath from all the clay and mud at the brick plant. I said all that to say I sprayed the CNC contact cleaner yesterday before the picture. You should have seen it before! Ha!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #24
seeyalatergator
Not Yet Wild

Only got 4.7 volts at green/white wire. I will be diving under the buggy soon but probably not tonight. Assuming that the microswotch under there is bad, where do I get one of those?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:20 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure You had the right Green wire, there is a Green wire on micro switch #3 (the one closest to the batteries) that has about 5v.

Check the site sponsors page, lots of them sell the micro switches.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:31 PM   #26
seeyalatergator
Not Yet Wild

I will confirm that checked the green wire on the switch closest to the shifter.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #27
seeyalatergator
Not Yet Wild

Ok, a mixed bag of results this afternoon. First, I discovered my potentiometer box is rectangular with a tab on the top edge and I couldn't figure out how to get it open. So, I noticed that the blue wire went in the box via a clip with a green wire and the blue wire. Well, while trying to unplug it to get a meter reading I accidentally pulled the wires out of the clip when my pliers slipped. Well, anyway, I discovered I do have +48 volts on the blue wire. It sounds like I need the microswotch in the pentiometer box and now I need a wire end to replace the one I messed up. Two questions. How do I get in that box without breaking something else and where can I buy the clip end and the microswitch?
Old 10-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #28
seeyalatergator
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so apparently that box I'm looking at is not a vglide or potenimeter. The part name is apparently a motor controller unit. Does it have a microswitch inside that?
Old 10-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You may have a continuously variable potentiometer, does it look like the one in this post?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1183008

You can see the screws on each side that hold it together.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #30
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes. Check out the "Sticky" at top of this section titled "Inside A MCOR".

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car