lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default brake lights don't work with AUX battery???

I finished up the auxiliary battery installation today. The lights and turn signals work fine but the brake lights don't. I can't figure it out. The only thing that I'm questioning is in the directions for the brake lights it says, "Turn the key switch on to test brake lights" Everything worked fine yesterday when I was using 2 of the batteries in the pack but now with the aux battery everything works except the brake lights. Hey Sergio, please chime in!
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: brake lights don't work with AUX battery???

Did you connect the aux battery negative to pack negative and the aux battery positive to the OLD +16v wire from the battery pack?

if not, the +12v for the brake switch comes from the relay behind the dash on a Precedent, so You need to run your +12v from the aux battery to that relay.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I disconnected the blue wire that was originally connected to batt 2 in the pack and connected it to the positive aux battery post. I then disconnected the negative black wire from the pack negative and connected it to the aux. battery negative. So I need to tie the auxiliary battery negative to the pack negative??
Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most likely Yes.

The precedent bucket harness gets its negative from Controller B-, not pack negative, so I am not sure where that negative wire you have on pack negative is going.

If +12v positive on the brake timer does not reference the aux battery negative, it will not work.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used the negative from the controller. (see Pic black wire with yellow terminal). That is where the light kit was grounded. So....All I need to do is run a ground from there to my aux battery and that is all?
Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

IMG_1599.jpg
Old 02-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You connected the negative from the aux battery to the wire that used to be connected to that bullet connector, it should have worked.

If there is a chance that you have used more than one negative source for the cart wiring, connecting the two negatives will fix any issues.

Just run a wire from your aux battery negative to that bullet connector that goes to B-.

The main reason not to do that is if you have an specific requirement for isolated 12v power.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #8
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio, When I connected the grounds it went right to work. I just want to say how much I appreciate your help. Every time I've had a question you have always been there with an answer. Thanks very much.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #9
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

They're working now. I gotta figure out why the pic is sideways.

IMG_1600.jpg
Old 02-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks good, it is pretty visible

As far as your picture, always take pictures with the volume button pointing down and it will work everywhere.

If You hold the phone in any other orientation, any part of the transfer, resize and display process for the image has to know how to read the orientation angle embedded into the image.

If any part fails, the picture shows up on the "native" orientation, sames as volume button down view.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car