lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
doradorick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1998 TXT Series Restoration Controller Question

Hello all,

I am relatively new to cart restoration. I have been searching this site a while for an answer to my question. I am doing what is now a frame up restoration. I have slowly been collecting all new electronics parts as all the ones that came on my project cart were corroded and in need of replacement. My cart came with a curtis 25864G05 controller (which I believe is 275 amp). I have a new stock EZGO OEM F&R Switch and White-Rodgers solenoid. I don't know if my controller is any good, so I am resolving to simply replace it.

My question is, can I go to a 350 amp controller with the stock F&R? I plan on going to 4 gauge wires for the batteries.

Thanks all!
doradorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 TXT Series Restoration Controller Question

Welcome!
Depends on how you plan on driving it. I trashed mine with 275 amps and four passengers all stock, including tires. Also melted stock solenoid. You can always get a 400 or 500 amp SR48400 or SR48500 and dial it down until you can upgrade to parts in my sig. I'd go with six 8 volt batteries, not eight 6 volts like I and a few others did. Lots of work and not much to show for it, but more pounds of lead.

EDIT:
Your stock motor can take 500 amps, as long as you watch motor temperature. With four adults, rear seat, two extra batteries, moderate hills, pedal to the floor for hours, mine got borderline too hot, so I just let it rest.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
doradorick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info... I am just planning to run it around the small executive golf course I live on. There aren’t many big hills.
doradorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:57 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, you can go with a 350 amp controller using a new stock F&R switch and 4g cables. Look at the Alltrax SR48300. It has a peak out put of 350 amps and a 2 year warranty. Upgrade all of the high amperage cables to 4g not just the battery to battery ones but the F&R, controller, and motor cables too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25864g05, controller, curtis
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO