lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
datwell
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Full Throttle no power

I have a '94 EZGO Series cart, the original complaint was it died when going through puddles! Could not duplicate the condition. Tested the ITS and readings indicated it was faulty. Replaced ITS, same bad readings, 2 VDC at Solenoid engagement, 4 VDC full throttle. However, when the pedal is fully depressed, the motor stops. Ease off to about 2/3rds depression and motor runs fine. Initial adjustment of ITS plunger was 17/64 per the manual, no improvement. Adjusted plunger to where it would enter the ITS as the solenoid engaged, helped a little but still dies at full throttle. Thanks in advance...
datwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Full Throttle no power

Sounds like you're getting some cross-talk between the pedal switch circuit and the ITS circuit when the in-line connector from pedal box gets damp.

Follow the gray cable out of the pedal box and find the 4-pin in-line connector that connects it to the cart's wiring harness. Cut off the connector and connect the individual wires together with butt splices or solder joints. Use adhesive lined (Marine grade) heat shrink tubing to waterproof the connections.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

This guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
datwell
Not Yet Wild

JohnieB you nailed it! Made the changes you recommended and it works like a champ. What part of WV are you, my wife has family in Hurricane, next time we're up I'll buy you a beer if you are close enough :)
Old 12-31-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
datwell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, Yurtle, I knew which connecter to look for. Appreciate the picture.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:08 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by datwell View Post
JohnieB you nailed it! Made the changes you recommended and it works like a champ. What part of WV are you, my wife has family in Hurricane, next time we're up I'll buy you a beer if you are close enough :)
Cart misbehaving when weather is wet or damp is usually the ITS sensor or the in-line connector and you'd already replaced the ITS sensor.

I live in Point Pleasant, a bit over 40 road miles from Hurricane, counting the curves and hills. Line of sight is less than 30.

That's about an hour travel time each way, which is likely to be too far out of the way, and I don't drink alcohol these days, but thanks for the offer.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO