lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #11
rugbymox
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Trying to fix the toe - having major problems

Are you sure there’s no play in the steering ram, mine was doing that and I replaced it and did a front end alignment and it’s fixed
Buggiesunlimited.com was the cheapest I found

Good luck brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rugbymox is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2019, 04:36 AM   #12
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgn View Post
Thanks all. I felt some play within the kingpin so I replaced the bushings, but of course - as you stated ... when I once again tried to fix the toe - the tires went from / \ to \ / and the cart almost flipped. Stupid spindle lift. Guess I’ll just get the a arm lift as you suggested. But someone mentioned something about spacers. Anyone tried this and been successful? Trying to save $300 if I can. Thanks again
Spacers would only push the tries out. So instead of you front tires being like this, \/ or this /\, they would be like this \ / or this / \. Unfortunately, there just is not enough adjustability with spindle lifts to easily fix the problem.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #13
Nolagt
Gone Wild

I was at a cart place yesterday talking to them about lifting the club cars. He mentioned that while the aluminum frame is nice it’s also a little soft for a spindle lift. He said without the support it can cause the frame to bend some and cause the toe problems. Not sure how true that is I’m new to carts but it makes sense. Would also make sense that after one switch’s to the other style lift with more adjustments you can adjust past any bent frame parts?

Is this correct?
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:19 AM   #14
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've never known a Club Car to bend and deflect steering because of a frame issue - unless someone has crashed it and bent it. I have seen Precedents with every bushing in the front end shot, tie rods worn, rack & pinion worn. Sometimes you will have so much play that it's tough to narrow down the cause.
Yes with more adjustable angles you can "make up" for minor amounts of crash damage, It would be better but still not right. If it really is bent, THAT needs to be addresses.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camber, lift, toe
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car