lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2020, 05:25 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Few lithium swap questions

Sound to me like you want to find out the hard way. Read the specs, in particular the max current discharge.

Weight: 70
Dimensions: 10 L x 14 in W x 10 in H
Chemistry: Lithium-ion
Battery Bank: 7 series
BMS integrated
DC Energy Capacity (100% Useable): 2.8 KWH
DC Nominal Voltage: 48 V
DC Voltage Range: 41 V – 58.8 V
Depending on inverter used.
1000 W – 5000 W inverter recommended.
Maximum Current Discharge: 60 A
Maximum Current Charge: 40 A
Storage Temperature: 0 – 89.6 F (-18 – 32 C)
Operating Temperature: 32 – 122 F (0 – 50 C)
Efficiency: >95% DC – DC depending on application.
Fuse Protection: 100 A rated current per string.
Breakers: 60 amps
Design Life: 5+ years
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2020, 06:15 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Unless you dial the current way back on the Alltrax (which you can do), you will have a problem immediately. Maybe you can bypass the stuff that limits the current and give things a try but be aware that you are bypassing things.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #13
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2011 RXV and stock Danaher controller. I used Sergio’s setup with an ANT BMS from China. Works great.
My controller is set up for fleet, which is greatly detuned, and it draws anywhere from 110a to 250a from a stop for a few seconds then usually drops down to between 30 and 90 amps continuously depending on the terrain. With your Alltrax, you probably won’t be able to drive more than a few yards without the techdirect bms shutting you down, unless you don’t run the discharge through the BMS. Use different Buss Bars and take the BMS out of the Discharge path and should be no problem.
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #14
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thank you for being patient with me guys and yes this helps explains it better. SO, I need the box, cells, and maybe the charger from techdirect. Then a GOOD bms and I should be good to go or am I missing anything. I have a good amount of wiring and cables as I work on forklifts for a living.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #15
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

This bms has been recommended by several of you but its only 100amps. Is this one good enough for what I need?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...588246bf2iv2HN
Old 03-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #16
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's the one I use. The trick is to bypass the discharge circuit. Which isn't difficult. There is a wiring diagram in these posts somewhere. Then the 7 module leaf batteries combined with the 300lb weight loss will take you anywhere. Don't forget the box that it goes in.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3255...37c34c4daZjiUC
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:33 AM   #17
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanx bud!. I email techdirect asking if they have another kit that will handle the amp draw of a golf cart and they seem to think their kit will, this is their response:

Yes we are and we reduce the current to be able to keep the battery longer life spam
Thanks
Old 03-20-2020, 05:47 AM   #18
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

If you don not put the BMS in the discharge circuit, specifically between the battery and the contoller, the maximum current that it will have to handle will be the charger current. Tech Direct packs are made for flat blacktop with light touch on the pedal. Listen to the experience on this forum and you will be fine. I bought my cells from tech direct but only the cells. You don’t need there crappy BMS board. However, I did spend more on my box than the $60 that they charge for the box. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:49 AM   #19
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, I can’t type. mrgreen:
Old 03-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteramatt View Post
Sergio, tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full. Anyway,I know you guys told me about not using the BMS from techdirect but do you think Ill be ok with it for a little while? ...
I'm no expert but in the reading I've done on this forum about those types of BMS's is the current draw actually runs through the BMS.

If the BMS can't allow more than 60-80 amps, then it's not going to matter what motor or settings you have on your controller. When your cart demands 150amps or 300amps, it's likely gonna fry the BMS or at a minimum, your cart isn't going to go when you want it to.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car