lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
Diesel24v
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 RXV With Danaher School me on max tire size.

This may have been beaten to death already, but I have not found the answer to my question from searching or maybe I missed it. However I am new here so please forgive me.

I recently purchased a 2012 EZ-Go RXV. I bought it not understand the control system as much as I should have. I was planning on putting a 4" lift and 22-23" tires on the machine. However after reading many posts by Bobboyce and CGtech, it does not sound like that is a wise choice. So here are my questions.

I have the Danaher controller in mine so it sounds like 20.5" tires are pretty much the max that is being recommended on this controller? What would the max tire size be if I upgraded it to the curtis 235 amp controller? Or are there other controller upgrades that are a better choice?

If upgrading to the curtis controller, what other parts are required. I can find the controllers for a pretty reasonable price but the complete kit is astronomical. I am very mechanically inclined as that is what I do daily on heavy equipment and I have a pretty good understanding of electrical systems on the DC side but not much on AC.

It sounds like the ramifications of running the larger tires on the machine with the danaher are going to be a controller replacement at least in the future? What is the suspected longevity with 22-23" tires? This will primarily be used at the campground for 10 mph or so cruising and occasional running around my property. Neither of which have much in the way of hills. It is pretty flat here. I would also occasionally take it to the woods on a well built trail with very slight incline probably less than 5% grade for a short distance.

I am all ears here guys and ready to learn so school me on this!
Diesel24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
Diesel24v
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2012 RXV With Danaher School me on max tire size.

And just like that I realize I posted this in the wrong section. My apologies. Please move this if needed.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel24v View Post
And just like that I realize I posted this in the wrong section. My apologies. Please move this if needed.
Moved to electric ezgo

Welcome to BGW
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
Diesel24v
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Moved to electric ezgo

Welcome to BGW
Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO