lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #1
brianmjones@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor and Controller Suggestions

1997 EZGO TXT Series Motor

Purchased as a project, stripped down to frame and started over

Will have 14” wheels, 22-23” tires and rear seat

Primary use is in paved neighborhood, one long incline, no real “hills”

Brand new 48v batteries (Qty 6, 8V, USBattery)

I believe with the intended use, I want the highest top speed possible, although on that one long incline, I don’t want to slow to a crawl either.

I know I need:

2 awg cables
HD F/R Switch
Alltrax Controller, should I choose the 500 or 600?

Motor, and that is where I am stuck. I have looked at PlumQuick Demon and Widowmaker, the D&D 13:1 170-013-0001, and the AMD 7126.

Scottyb recommended PQ, although I see several with similar set ups running the AMD 7126. D&D charges a ridiculous amount for shipping so I'd rather not go with theirs.

So hit me with your Controller and Motor recommendations please!
brianmjones@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2021, 08:30 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor and Controller Suggestions

Brian....I have to say I am partial to the RAPTOR (AMD 7126) as thats what I got and have been running for the last 7 years. You can see in my sig my stats of my cart....it too is a neighborhood ride....I am running 500A controller....

my top speed.....30 mph.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
brianmjones@live.com
Not Yet Wild

What is your wheel & tire size? Do you have a rear seat? How does that motor perform climbing an incline? The AMD 7126 is what I was going to get until scottyb said to call PQ. Their lead time is 4 weeks, that is a big draw back but I'd like to do this work once and be satisfied. Thanks!

Is there a benefit to a 600amp controller versus the 500amp?
brianmjones@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:06 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmjones@live.com View Post
What is your wheel & tire size? Do you have a rear seat? How does that motor perform climbing an incline? The AMD 7126 is what I was going to get until scottyb said to call PQ. Their lead time is 4 weeks, that is a big draw back but I'd like to do this work once and be satisfied. Thanks!

Is there a benefit to a 600amp controller versus the 500amp?
as you can see in my sig....I am running 23" tall tires.....yes I have a rear seat, but normally theres only 2 people in the cart. I really can't say anything about how it handles inclines seeing as how its totally flat here.....but it would depend on the lenth and the degree of incline. there are a few that I run into from time to time which are like very long driveways...and it handles those with ease.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO