lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax AXE 4844 RS232 Connection

Before I start prying it off is the black plastic plug what covers the socket for the data cable plug? I got my new controller yesterday.

What a surprise when I was reading the Installation Guide for the fuse. At the top of the page it said Damon Crockett Dir Engineering. He is a old friend I lost track of 12-14 years ago. We used to race radio controlled model hydroplanes together. He was building high amperage controllers for cars at the time in a small shop of his own here in Bellingham,WA. Small world. He had a RX7 with a electric motor in it then.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax AXE 4844 RS232 Connection

Nothing but the black platic cover.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks!

Any suggestions on how to set it up. There is nothing much in the instructions? It will be 42v.

Jim
Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Nothing to technical. Just max everything out EXCEPT for plug braking. Set your throotle type unless its already set, then set your throttle rate. Its pretty much that way from the factory. The ony time most need to re-program is to set throttle types. If you don't have an A2 terminal the Plug braking doesn't do anything. You can program with a 9 volt battery. "Turbo" mode is only for Regen type controllers.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a sticker on the face that says 0-5k so the throttle should be set. It says 24-48v so should it work properly without setting anything? Do I have to tell it it is a 42v system? I don't have a 9 pin RS 232 to USB patch cord. I will have to wait for the stores to open to see if I can find one.

I am anxious to get this installed to see if it cures my no power when I first try to go when it is cold. It takes 10-15 cycles of F-R and throttle to get it to have what I think is full power. Each cycle of throttle on then off applies a little more power. The first time it just wiggles and won't even move either F or R.

Jim
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Just hook it up. You don't HAVE to touch it as long as you have a 0-5K throttle cart. YOu don't have to set the voltage either. It will know wat input voltage it has.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool!! Off to the shop.

Jim
Old 08-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update.

I got the controller installed and it worked fine. The no power at first I had with the original Curtis 1204 is gone. I had done a back street GPS run after I got it running innitially with the only mod 4ga wires and it was 10mph. I tried it again with the new controller and although it is much quicker accelerating the speed was about the same about 10 mph. I then mounted the new 20"X10"X8" tires. I had to grind a slight recess in the steering arm as it was rubbing the tire and I can hear some slight rubbing on plastic up front when turning on a slope but I haven't worried about it for now. The speed went up one mph to 11 mph. then I connected the seventh battery for 42v. Acceleration was even quicker and the speed wavered between 14 and 15 mph.

I bought a adapter cable to connect the controller to my laptop to see where the settings were but it doesn't want to work. Oh well (-:

Jim
Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Nice work, love to see a plan come together!
The 20" tires are real close on EZGO's and you may have to do some trimming or let a little air out of the tires. Depending on your rub, maybe a washer behind the wheel studs.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #10
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Depending on application, the controller may not power up.."green LED" or come on until the accel. pedal is depressed far enough that the solenoid engages. Others will power up as soon as the key is turned on. The green LED must be lit before you can program the controller.

Last edited by bioniccartsandcustoms; 08-27-2009 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: I can't type
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO