lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
rivermonk
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging Help Needed ASAP by new member

48 volt 2000 Club Car charger will not come on when plugged into cart, took charger to dealer they plugged it in to a cart and it came on fine. I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier on electronics, I do have the full schematic on CD but don't know where to start, any advise would be so very appreciated gents and thanks in advance.
rivermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging Help Needed ASAP by new member

The charge needs to see a pre-set minimum amount of voltage to turn on = safety device. Take your voltmeter and measure the pack voltage and post it here... Welcome to BGW!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The charge needs to see a pre-set minimum amount of voltage to turn on = safety device. Take your voltmeter and measure the pack voltage and post it here... Welcome to BGW!
I agree with Scotty,might not have enough volts to turn the charger on.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
rivermonk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermonk View Post
48 volt 2000 Club Car charger will not come on when plugged into cart, took charger to dealer they plugged it in to a cart and it came on fine. I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier on electronics, I do have the full schematic on CD but don't know where to start, any advise would be so very appreciated gents and thanks in advance.
Thanks Scotty but how does one charge 8 volt batteries without an 8 volt charger, all I have is a 6-12 volt with .9 amps and a napa 10 amp 12 volt charger besides the 48 club charger?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
rivermonk
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty but how does one charge 8 volt batteries without an 8 volt charger, all I have is a 6-12 volt with .9 amps and a napa 10 amp 12 volt charger besides the 48 club charger?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
rivermonk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermonk View Post
Checked with volt meter batteries have 48 volts what to do next please?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
wesleycox
Not Yet Wild

club car utilizes a charging computer inside the car itself. the "brains" of the charger is under the car with the controller. check for burns on the computer casing and that all the fuses in the yellow casings are good. only other place to check would be the receptacle on the car. the small gray wire that tells the charger its plugged in has a habit of corroding inside the receptacle
wesleycox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
curtislt1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Rivermonk,
I'm new to carts and not a likely advisor, but I just agonized with this same problem 2 months ago on my 2000 DS.
Turns out, in my case, that the small red wire from the plus (+) side of the battery-pack had broken off and fell beside the pack where I couldn't see it. I crimped a new end on it and hooked it back up, it charges fine now. This wire goes to the back of the recepticle where you plug in the charger; there's a fuse in a clear case there too that you might want to have a look at. Hope your problem is this simple. I won't tell you all the things I tested and the language used before discovering this.
curt
curtislt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
rivermonk
Not Yet Wild

thanks much Wesley and Curtis will suss out both suggestions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car