lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
TheBucks
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Adding 2 more batteries on a budget

Hi, I know this is being discussed on another thread right now but I didn't want to hijack it & take it off topic. I have an '86 marathon. I'd like to up the voltage to 48V on a VERY low budget. Mine being a resistor set up, I figured would make it different from what's being said in the other thread. So...what must I change to be able to jump to 48V & does anybody have a helpful wiring diagram for me to do this ? I'm aware of how to connect the batteries, but should the solenoid be wired different, etc...The cart is not here right now so I don't have my motor info available but I do remember it is a 2HP motor if that helps(I've read something about 86 having 2 possible motor/rear axle possibilities). As far as a budget, the batteries & cables would take up most of it. So what do you think ? Can it be done cheap ? Thanks for any advise. Steve.
TheBucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Adding 2 more batteries on a budget

You can swap it to 48 volts and use the coils, and buy a solenoid to use with it but in all honesty. It want work as well as just converting it over to a controller. I have done a few of these for friend's at the beach but they finally just get the controller. You can find stock controller's and do it fairly cheap. I look for the old E-Z-GO marothone controller setups like this. 1989 and newer. It came with everything needed to swap out. I bought 2 of these and one happen to be a 400amp controller to! I bought everything in the picture for less than a new controller.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
TheBucks
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding 2 more batteries on a budget

Are you talking about factory 48V stuff or is that 36V stuff that can handle 48V ? What should I be on the lookout for ? Just curious where would I look for stuff like that ? Ebay ? Craigs list ? or is there somewhere that sells used parts...golf cart junk yards ?
TheBucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Adding 2 more batteries on a budget

The controller in my picture was 36 400amp. You may find used controller at dealer's. I find them all the time. Not very many 48 but they are out there. I have 4 36 volts now that are good but they are for the ITS hook up. I have found them on E-bay craigslist just by luck. If you have a 86 model then changing it over to a controller is going to be a big improvement.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO