lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Butch5220
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speed Report

It has taken me a while but I finally can make a post on my 2006 PDS.
As soon as I purchased the cart I installed the speed chip.
The following speeds were done with my GArmin GPS. Stock Wheels, Tires, and Motor.

18 MPH with just the chip.

22 MPH with a DCX400 and 4 guage wires. Now we're talkin!!!

28 MPH with two more used Trojan batteries. 48 volts. Yikes!!!! Can keep up with almost anything at Fort Wilderness. It now needs better brakes. I accidentally programmed the speed control to recharge. Not fun having the back wheels lock up at 28 MPH.

I think it would do even better with fresh batteries.

One other thing that I added was a "On Board Solutions" 48v on board charger. It seems to work well and I like only having to carry an extension cord. Looks like a nice unit. I have seen no reports so I am hoping for the best.
Butch5220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed Report

Sounds cool! Congrats!

How fast does it get up there? Can you make a gps video and post it?
I'm amazed at speeds some of you guys get on 48 volts. I got 37 mph out of mine but that is on 84 volts and giant rear tires ( 26") However I will not torture mine anymore like that. ( video is in the videos section)
Next chance I get,the smaller tires will go back on. (22")
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Butch5220
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed Report

It accelerates quickly to about 20 and then it is kind of sluggish to 28. Maybe another 15 seconds or so.
Where I live is not flat enough to get a good reading. That's why I did it at Disney.
Butch5220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO