lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Default Precedent brake adjustment

2009 Precedent. The service manual says that the brakes are properly adjusted when the top of the brake equalizer is approx 2 inches from the floor plate. I don't use that method. I just adjust the cables until there is about an inch or two play in the pedal before the brakes engage. I always roll the cart to make sure the brakes aren't rubbing after I'm finished with the adjustment.
Using this technique the recommended 2 inches is more like an inch and a quarter.

Any idea why Club Car specifies the measurement rather than the method I use?

Any problem with my method?
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent brake adjustment

Just my 2c worth....

l use my cart for golf and the std setting lets me apply a lightish pressure to engage the first click....the brakes engage but don't lock up....it will roll to a stop if you are going fast enough. I wouldn't trust that application on the side of a hill. A firm application engages the 2nd click which 'lock' the brakes on.....push it that hard while travelling fast there is not much control....just locked up brakes.

My guess would be that the 1st click would not put much stress on the cables...that's got to be good.

But hey!...we are all different...if it suits you go for it!
driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car