lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How to water batteries

I need help understanding the watering system on my 2008 EZ GO RXV. I can see a tube that is apparently where the water goes in but am unable to determine when the batteries need water. I see a white dot in each cell. Is that some kind of indicator? I'm unsure how much water is needed. Thanks from a new member and new to golf carts.

Harry
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to water batteries

If your cart was previously part of a rental fleet, it may have a watering system on it (Tubing connection all vet caps together and joined to a single filler tube.)

The white dots are supposed to be water level indicators, but some of the ones I had didn't work. IE: Showed full when the plates were almost exposed.

Here is what Trojan recommends: http://www.trojanbattery.com/Battery...ngDiagram.aspx

And attached is a more generic drawing. Follow the recommendations of whoever made your batteries.

Do not over fill and use distilled water only.

This is what I use:
Plews / LubriMatic 75-030 2 Quart Professional Battery Filler : Amazon.com : Automotive Plews / LubriMatic 75-030 2 Quart Professional Battery Filler : Amazon.com : Automotive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Electrolyte Level.JPG (52.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsnider View Post
I need help understanding the watering system on my 2008 EZ GO RXV. I can see a tube that is apparently where the water goes in but am unable to determine when the batteries need water. I see a white dot in each cell. Is that some kind of indicator? I'm unsure how much water is needed. Thanks from a new member and new to golf carts.

Harry
My 2008 RXV has the same system which I believe came stock with the cart. I have purchased a gravity feed tank:

http://www.powerstridebattery.com/ba...t-gravity-tank

I didn't check the sponsers here, but it is likely they carry a similar system.

Make sure you have the right connection, place the tank at a higher elevation than the batteries, and just plug into the hose. It will fill the cells. When the little red whirlygig quits spinning the cells are full and all the white dots should be at the top (I tap on each cap as they fill to make sure they aren't hung up). Like JohnnieB says, don't depend on the dots 100% to give you an indication. I fill mine once / month, it only takes a minute.

I am attaching the Owners Manual. Check out pages 18-26.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf E-Z-GO RXV-Electric Owners Manual.pdf (9.06 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by MiltonC; 12-12-2012 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: Speeling added year of cart
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also,

Make sure the batterys are FULLY Charged prior to filling them and do not leave the watering tank system plugged in after filling. Both will cause the battery to overflow which is a bad deal for a number of reasons.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks much guys! Very helpful information. I think I know what I'm doing now!!

Harry
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsnider View Post

Harry
Just park your cart in the yard and turn on the sprinkler.

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Bad humor I know.
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO