lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
bb400ho
Not Yet Wild

Default v glide wiring 1999 ds regen

hello new guy here. i tried searching but cant find what i need. i have a 1999 club car 48 volt with the regen system. originally it stopped moving. after reading some here i removed the regen solenoid and used that solenoid to replace the other one which tested bad. by this time i had removed the v glide and the case cracked. i ordered a new case and installed. i drove it around some but it was real slow. maybe half speed (speed sensor unplugged) i thought i screwed up the wiring on the resistor side so i looked for a diagram. i couldn't find a clear one but thought i found what i needed. i moved the wires and now the cart wont move at all. does anyone have a clear diagram of that side of the v glide? i have the purple wire at the top (towards the front of cart, the white/black on the 3rd post from the bottom, and the yellow wire on the bottom any help would be greatly appreciated
sorry for the rant
bryan
bb400ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: need help v glide wiring 1999 ds regen

Welcome to the site

You have the Purple reversed with the White/Black wire.

Click on the image above for a larger view:
Yellow -> Post #1
Purple -> Post #3
White/Black -> Post #9
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
bb400ho
Not Yet Wild

wow that was fast! thank you. i should have asked earlier i cant believe how long i tried to find a diagram. one more question, if i upgrade the controller does that eliminate the v glide?
thanks again Bryan Thumbprint:
Old 07-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is up to You, the MCOR is the current throttle device Club Car uses, there is a conversion kit to replace the VGlide with an MCOR.

Check with David at www.RevolutionGolfCars.com (site sponsor) as he sells the conversion kits.

The MCOR provides much smoother throttle control than the pre-defined resistance "steps" in the VGlide.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
crash test dummy

also if you unplug the speed sensor from motor you will have a "limp mode" it needs to be plugged in
Old 07-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
also if you unplug the speed sensor from motor you will have a "limp mode" it needs to be plugged in
Except for the OLD Regen systems with the external DB Solenoid and resistor coil.

Keeping the speed sensor connected without the DB Solenoid will cause a very harsh lock on the motor as there is no resistor to limit the Dynamic Brake current.

The "limp mode" with bad speed sensor symptom did not start until the IQ system was introduced.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #7
crash test dummy

you da man
Old 07-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
bb400ho
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: v glide wiring 1999 ds regen

just wanted to thank you again. I got it wired correctly and it runs great
thanks bryan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car