lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Kerry
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Powermax engine (Charge system)

I am in the process of buying a new engine and was wondering if anyone can tel me if the powermax has an charging system.

Also. where would I buy a Carrol Stream engine? never found a site for them

Thanks kERRY
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Powermax engine (Charge system)

Are you putting a steam engine in your ezgo cart? also, what's a powermax?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
amo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

power max is from maxtool.com are these any good? just got a 1997 gas txt that is tired...might just put in pistons or these powermax motors are 400 bucks...what else is needed after buying one of these that is not on mine already?
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Oh I get it, a Chinese's Honda clone, to put one of those in a txt you'd need a engine cradle, new drive clutch, longer belt, and some misc. parts i'm not sure of. probably about $500 worth of stuff on top of the engine cost, not including shipping of course. There's a few threads about those in the big block section but I haven't looked at them. I wouldn't want one of those cause I doubt theres much for support or parts on them. kinda like those $500 Chinese's ATVs, use it for a few hours then they break and you throw them away or mount them on big coil springs in the backyard so the kids can pretend they're out riding.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
saltymut
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
....kinda like those $500 Chinese's ATVs, use it for a few hours then they break and you throw them away or mount them on big coil springs in the backyard so the kids can pretend they're out riding.
Not to come across as mean or poking fun at anyone here.... BUT THAT'S SOME FUNNY CACA RIGHT THERE !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh.
saltymut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
amo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

hilarious...actually was given a couple of those bikes..two new plugs and sold them to someone for two hundred bucks....actually scooted my 225 lbs around not half bad...again hilarious!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Yes they have a charging system. I have a 16 hp Powermax and actually you get a whole booklet with breakdowns, wiring diagrams, part no., troubleshooting etc. I have only put 5 hrs. on mine but there are alot of us with these. Oh and not everyone can afford BIG BLOCKS!!!!
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
amo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

how much including the engine to you have in your swap? i have an 1997 ez-go txt... motor seems tired will be doing the compression test later this week... so need to decide if i can get away with pistons or should a new motor come into play? just trying to get a feel from someone who has recently done this...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

I would say an easy $800 by the time you buy clutch and belt, engine, and all the other misc. I didn't have to have an engine cradle in my club car. Just a few minor mods and it worked. Not sure what those cost.
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO