lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
lou13545
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Hello Buggies Gone Wild

Just joined your site and have enjoied reading alot of the threads in this forum. I just decided to take my dads old '86 ezgo gas and fix it up. its been sitting still for about a year and a half. last time it ran was in the surf at the beach! not a smart move i know but my dad let some kids take it down the beach. so i know this is going to be a tough rebuild. this is my first time rebuilding a cart engine. any ideas where to start? it wont roll at all. checked to see if the brake cable was hung up and it didnt seem to be. any help would be appreciated!
lou13545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hello Buggies Gone Wild

I would start by getting my hands on a service manuel on the cart , then pulling the engine and see if it moves without the engine ,, If you are going to rebuild it it needs to come out anyway . if still locked I would remove the brake cables ,, check for roll , then move on to removing brake drums ,, if still locked get another cart this year model isn't worth a lot and except for your dad owning it ,,it may wind up costing 2 or 3 times what it's worth to fix up , espically after spending a long time around the beach .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum lou13545................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
lou13545
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the welcome! where can i get ahold of one of those manuals? i see that you can buy them but i figure there is somewhere you can get a copy for free, right?
lou13545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Goat53
Gone Wild

There a few wiring diagrams that can be downloaded but I havn't a complete manuel ,, if you find one post a link to it I have an 86 also in need of a rebuild , and an 83 , and a 90 battery and a 92 battery and an 89 torn down currently and looking at 2 more ,,,, welcome to a new habit .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Boris
DELETED

Welcome to BGW, Lou .....

There's an Old School EZGO Marathon Club group thing in here, thats full of carts like yours and people that will have info on the manuals (I'm sure) .... climb in and pick a number.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/drive...thon-club.html

First suggestion: Go to a parts store and get yourself about 3 or 4 big cans of PB Blaster and squirt some of that that stuff onto every(freaking)thing that moves, pivots, screws, or bolts together. The stuff is gold If you don't grease the cart down you'll be drilling and tapping bolts till the cows come home. Salt water + One year of inactivity = a potential mess. Grease that puppy

Second: As Goat said, get yourself a manual. Then familiarize yourself with the pages ...... and the location of all the components. Only then would I attempt to start pulling anything apart.

Third: Don't forget the pictures Not only does it create a digital roadmap ..... It'll remind you of the way things go together and or come apart? .......... Plus, It gives us something to look at while your rambling

Good luck
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a site I found one day that has a lot of technical manuals to just about everything! You might find something there to help you out.
link== http://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/spec...tions.htm#EZGO
technician#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO