lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #21
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 muffler sugestion !

Tikicart where did you get the muffler at I have been watching ebay for a while to get one but cant never find one.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #22
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

It's just a Banshee silencer, but I do not know if its the left or right side. I did have to straighten out the pipe a little to make it clear everything and weld on new mounts. Look up silencer on ebay then choose ATV, there are a lot of them. I wanted to try a blaster silencer, but I think the OD will be slightly to large.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks buddy I will look it up your not the only one that says when you change the muffler out it gives the engine more power sur hope I can find one. Have a good day.
calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

It will bog the motor down unless you start dialing in the clutch weights or spring on the primary clutch. You will need to either increase the spring rate or use lighter pucks to get the engine to rev higher. I am currently running a Comet 94C clutch with the silver spring and 3 1" steel inserts (59.6 grams each). I am not thru playing with it yet, I actually deformed the ribbed cover and threw a weight turning so many RPM's with only three pucks, so I ordered 9 pucks with the 3/4" hole (20 grams each) and an extra set (3) of solid weights (25.5 grams each) to get more even pressure on the cover and allow me to further tune the clutch to the pipe.

I ordered this once on Comets online ordering system was charged then two weeks later was credited form Comet, absolutely NO communication, besides the automated order confirmation. I don't know whats going on with them but it appears that they are not in good shape and may have failed. All the phone numbers are dead or they don't answer and the email is dead, also the online ordering has been removed from their site.

I really need a tachometer to help dial this in, I have not found very much information on this for a golf cart, but there is tons of info on this for snowmobiles.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha