lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Golfy Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Yeah, we're going to need some pics
u wanted pics u got them
Dark_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just a few thoughts. First-when you rebuild that primary clutch...change "all" 3 weights and pins and the "sider" if it was damaged. Will cost some coin, but will last you along time. In my opinion, the stock one is much better than a comet clutch in the RPM engagement. Thought I saw somewhere you were looking for a "stretch", Your at a point you could stretch this one. It's really not that hard if you have a welder/die grinder and some fabbing skills. If you'd like I could walk you thru it and give you a list of parts and metal you'd need. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Just a few thoughts. First-when you rebuild that primary clutch...change "all" 3 weights and pins and the "sider" if it was damaged. Will cost some coin, but will last you along time. In my opinion, the stock one is much better than a comet clutch in the RPM engagement. Thought I saw somewhere you were looking for a "stretch", Your at a point you could stretch this one. It's really not that hard if you have a welder/die grinder and some fabbing skills. If you'd like I could walk you thru it and give you a list of parts and metal you'd need. Good luck Dave
yea that 1 weight is a new 1 the old 1 broke and slung threw its self through the cover

i might buy a g9 and make it a limo
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #14
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
ok tell me how so i can get ready to do that to the g9 when i buy it
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

5. cleaned up more about to start sanding

Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #16
shawn.m
Gone Wild

take stock air box off, k&N filter, rejet to 140 main, whack rear muffler off, weld on a small four stroke muffler, add torque spring
theirs your stock tips
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #17
rlager
Not Yet Wild

Do a search a the yamaha gas section for posts by rlager or keyword of father in law, you should find some pictures there of his cart and what i did to it. It started out as just an engine rebuild and got a little out of hand.
rlager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
PrecisionFab1
Not Yet Wild

Aaron can you snap a few more pic of the generator and few tank area for me Im lost on my g2 can't figure the power wire all in the area. And a picture of the pump or what ever it is on the side of the gas tank
PrecisionFab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #19
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionFab1 View Post
Aaron can you snap a few more pic of the generator and few tank area for me Im lost on my g2 can't figure the power wire all in the area. And a picture of the pump or what ever it is on the side of the gas tank
sure

hold on
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
Dark_Aaron
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha