lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 89 ezgo clutch problem please help

I'm a little fuzzy on this whole "cone/no-cone" thing you keep describing. could you try an explain that a little more for me?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
badbowtie
Getting Wild

is it just different brands or what

http://cgi.ebay.com/EZ-Go-Golf-Cart-...3286.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golf-Cart-EZGO-D...3286.m20.l1116
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

I guess never seen one like the "cone" end. I am pretty sure the late model 2cycle clutch had a either lighter weights or little bit stiffer spring (vs 4 strokes) so the engine would build up more RPMs before engaging. the 4 strokes have more low end power so the clutch can engage sooner.
you should check with the folks at Comet about one, couldn't hurt to ask them.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #14
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Okay I have a new clutch and got it installed.
everytime it sits I have to pull the air intake hose of the carb and put some fuel in a spray bottle and spray it directly in the carb to get it to start.
After doing that a couple times it will start on its own but if it sits for a hour it will not restart unless I spray fuel in it. Any ideas
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #15
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

how does it run when you get it started, when you get it started spray WD 40 or something like it and see if it speeds up or runs smother, careful as WD is ((((very flamable))))Sound like to me that you have a air leak . ON mine if it set for several days I have to pull the choke out and pump the gas pedal like crazy and then it starts fine. Make sure the carb is tight and I hope this helps I'm sure someother posters here have other ideas. good luck
Admiral Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #16
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Once you get it fired up runs great it will scream and sounds great no missing or nothing. I will have to check for air leaks but just the way it acts after you spray fuel in the carb to get it to start then runs and starts fine makes me think no air leak issue.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well all you have is a fuel fileter and fuel pump between the carb, fuel pump maybe getting week and losing prime until you help it with spraying. Is the choke working ok when cold and I wish I could help you more, hard to guess without seeing. When you have the hose off to spray just put your hand over the hose and that will act as a choke and see what that does. Hope someone can help you as I'm leaving this PM to go hunting and sorry to say without my cart. My Pickup Alternator went out yesterday and it was to cold for me to change it so taking the wife vehicle. **** the bad luck
Admiral Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #18
ruredy
Born Wild

Engine could be not pulling enough vacuum to make the carb work right. Maybe it's wore out, maybe bad seals, a compression test would be nice.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #19
badbowtie
Getting Wild

compression test is right at about 125 I took the hole carb apart last night and let it soak over night.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 AM   #20
Ol'geezer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I replaced a clutch on my 89 recently and found a very nice used one at lvsales in Fla. Hardly any wear and a reasonable price. Flat end on the housing not the one piece "cone" style.

Marty
Ol'geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO