lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Speed

I got a friend who owns a 2005 G22E cart. He just installed new Trojan batteries. He tells me it runs great but don't think his top speed is enough.

He lives a good way from me and don't use the internet so I am posting the question.

I have no clue how fast it is going. I suggested a GPS App . He is going to try and get the App next week.

Is there anything I can suggest to him that might help with speed on this cart. No lift kit or large tires.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Speed

Make sure the brakes aren't dragging. Align the front wheels. If you disconnect the motor speed sensor, it won't brake itself when you let off the throttle and also going down hills. Unplugging that is not for everyone though. And it won't increase the top speed, only keep the cart from slowing itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I am planning on heading over his way next week. Maybe I can find out more.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

He could change the speed controller to an Alltrax XCT and get about 20-23 mph depending upon the motor model and condition.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Thanks scottyb. I will pass that along to him tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:24 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

3 different motors, and 2 different controllers were offered in G22 over the years. Ask him to look at his motor and his controller. If they are both GE motor AND GE controller, 13-14 mph is all it will do. No speed code was available for that combo, or any combo with GE motor. If he has Moric controller, with ADC or Hitachi motor, he can get speed code installed by dealer to get 19mph. Code can Only be done by dealer, and each controller has unique code, so please don't ask "what's the code, and how can he do it himself". As stated above, the Alltrax controller gets rid of all that "code business", and will do the speeds ScottyB suggested.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha