lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2019, 05:40 AM   #1
BGoat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Run/tow switch questions

I have recently purchased a 48 volt 2010 G29, and have some questions about the run/tow switch. Here's what I think I know about it.
Any time the cart is put into storage, it should be in the tow position. My question is what is considered storage? When we're not using it overnight? When we leave for a week or two vacation? Storing for the winter? It's my understanding that it essentially disconnects the batteries so there aren't any phantom drains on the batteries. Is that correct?
Next, obviously if for some reason I have to push or tow the cart, the switch should be in the tow position to avoid damage to the cart. What will get damaged? Controller? Motor?
Next thing, I think I read somewhere on here that the switch should be in the tow position when charging the batteries. Is that the correct thing to do?
BGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Run/tow switch questions

If leaving for more than a few days, switch to Tow. If the vehicle is towed with out switching to Tow, the motor and controller can be destroyed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
BGoat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the info. Maybe I should tow it for a a while in "run". Then I could order a riot kit, or some stuff from Scottyb, haha. Should it be in tow position when charging?
Old 04-29-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Some of the manuals say yes, but none have ever cited a reason why, and I can't think of one either. It's not going to help the batteries charge any better/faster.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
BGoat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, thanks for the reply. You have been a big help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha