lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 G2 Build Up

cool build the g2 g9 are solid carts, you wont be dissapointed
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Well, it runs. Sort of. I drove it out of the garage under its own power. I assume that means everything from the combining of the g14 block and g2 engine was successful.

The problem is, it will only run with the choke out. It feels and sounds like it may be a fuel problem. It could be several things though. My airbox is not sealed as I am missing pieces and two of the rubber hold downs had dry rotted. I am missing the tensioner bolt for the engine and several hose clamps.

But considering it was a box of parts at least some progress has been made.

If you see anything wired or hooked up wrong, let me know.

Here are some pics from today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1stdrive.jpg (62.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg engine1.jpg (64.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg engine2.jpg (66.3 KB, 28 views)
ElRojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Does this look right?? The way the cables are attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb.jpg (55.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by ElRojo; 11-04-2009 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: added info.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Put a tie down around the air box to keep it sealed. There are two ways to fix the tentioner unless you want to buy another one from a dealer. Looks like you like to fab things from the thread. I've used a couple links of chain before and I usually (on my own carts), just remove the front motor mounts, cut me a piece of flat steel, drill 4 holes, and mount it in the place of the motor mounts. This will lock the engine in place. Gives more torque as well. This is just what I do and haven't ever had any problems. I use my G9 to pull a small bush hog and need all the torque I can get.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I noticed you put an inline fuel filter in. Good. I do the same thing. Did you break and cut out all the old one in the bottom of the tank? If not, you should.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

everything on the carb likages looks ok
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Put a tie down around the air box to keep it sealed. There are two ways to fix the tentioner unless you want to buy another one from a dealer. Looks like you like to fab things from the thread. I've used a couple links of chain before and I usually (on my own carts), just remove the front motor mounts, cut me a piece of flat steel, drill 4 holes, and mount it in the place of the motor mounts. This will lock the engine in place. Gives more torque as well. This is just what I do and haven't ever had any problems. I use my G9 to pull a small bush hog and need all the torque I can get.
I have all the pieces except the tensioner itself. I am going to go back to stock and see how it does.

I have a list going as to what needs to be replaced from the dealer. It keeps getting longer. I will try the tie down until everything comes in to see if it helps.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I noticed you put an inline fuel filter in. Good. I do the same thing. Did you break and cut out all the old one in the bottom of the tank? If not, you should.
I cut out what was left of it. I took the tank out and rinsed it as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #19
ElRojo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabercat View Post
everything on the carb likages looks ok
Thanks. I am trying to go by pictures and common sense to get everything hooked back up.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

May sound crazy, but just take the air box hose off (at the carb) and fold it out of the way, then run it. Does it run better? If so, the air box isn't sealed right and it critical to that cart. You need all the inner parts, the lid cannot be warped and the lid seal should be changed and all 4 straps new and plyable and no holes in the bottom case. Make shure all the tabs for the straps are not broken also. Some guy's use a K & N filter and rejet the carb. Glade to hear you got it togeather. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha