lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: Possible g-2 purchase

looks good! the added in line fuel filter is ok but make sure the in tank filter has been removed. by the way i do belive that's a g9 check the serial #.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #12
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks like you're right about the model -- JG5 - 200976 -- makes it a G9A doesn't it? What is the difference between the G2 and the JG5? And the other models as far as that goes? Is there a page or website with that info?

Thanks,
Pat
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

g9-g2 has same 285cc motor i think, different trim on front cowel i know, g2 has an extra grease nipple on the driven clutch possibly. someone else hopefully will chime in here. yes it is a g9 for sure
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK - I've been putting off the "test drive" until just a short time ago - the gas gauge was reading EMPTY so I figured I'd better put some fuel into it - I don't have any clue as to how accurate the gauge is and I don't like pushing vehicles nearly as much as I used to!
Anyway, I just putted up to the in-laws' place - about 3/8 mile of compacted gravel road with about 80 yards of uphill at the end. Seemed to go pretty well - no hesitation once it got warmed up, but the top speed was nowhere near the seller's claimed 35mph. I guess I'll have to get my GPS out and check it sometime.
Anyway, except for the governor just hanging on the cart seems to be in good shape - 18x850x8 tires are in good shape, no cracks in the body, small tear on the seat, starts up easily, no popping or jerking... I think i did OK for not knowing what I am doing.
Now, what's next? has to be cheap/free for a while so my wife doesn't get concerned about a "money pit" --- at least until she has a chance to see it's utility and usefulness. Once she accepts it as "my legs", or as my new "horse" that doesn't eat hay, there won't be any problems.

I guess a good clean-up and taking her for a ride (as soon as the rain stops and the temp gets above 40) would be a good start.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I've always had good luck with them after I put her name across the front!

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

WAIT!!! Put it back on the trailer and bring it to Ohio, I'll give you $600 for it!! j/k
You did real good, nice find!!! In no time the wife will need her own cart.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #17
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hmmm. I was just back in Ohio a couple months ago... nephew got married to a girl from Yellow Springs (near Dayton). I was wishing I had driven so I could haul a couple old Cub Cadet garden tractors home. They're pretty rare out here but I found 4 in just a couple hours of yard sales on a Saturday out there! I've got 4 (+ parts tractors) I've collected over the years but would love to have a couple more!
Well, maybe next time.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #18
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Looks like a good buy Pat L. You won't regret it. Those are good solid carts and there are some cheap and easy things you can do to pep them up a little bit.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #19
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

i just got one two sounds like a good buy. Got a question though. Does anyone have a g2 with a trunk in the front on the hood. I have one and never seen another one?
consalvo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i just got one two sounds like a good buy. Got a question though. Does anyone have a g2 with a trunk in the front on the hood. I have one and never seen another one?

please post pics
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha