lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Oem Front Shock Length G2/G9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJole View Post
Well I just picked up a pair of these for CHEAP. Little worried about how beefy they are, but I can take them back if they dont work. If they do man they are gonna look GOOD!!

Wow, those are some nice shocks. Look really expensive as well. I had a pair of Fox shocks on a Rhino which had a very nice ride. Where did you get those and how much??

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I doubt these are the same Fox brand shocks that were on your Rhino. Judging from the price, these must be Chinese made. They are available on ebay (search for ATV Shocks) or go to partsfox.com.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

They are a Chinese shock( but isn't all shocks)I don't think he was say he thought these are Fox.
TxJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Maybe I misunderstood what Spriddle wrote. Sorry. I didn't want him to think they were the same high-quality as Fox brand. I wouldn't pound these down a rough ATV trail and expect them to hold up for long. But then again, they just might be OK.
There's still a lot of potential for these shocks, If these are of decent quality and will hold up under general use, I would like to use a set on the rear of the buggy I am building this winter. I am putting a bed on the back, and these could keep the rear from sagging and bottoming out with a load.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
gaucho
Not Yet Wild

I just (last month) put a 6" jakes on my G9, Sahara's on 10" wheels, and put new shocks on the front as well. Heard a horrible noise backing out of the shop this morning; found that the driver's side shock shaft had broken in two.

So now I'm in the market for a shock. at $50 a pop, hope the new on will last longer. anyone know of alternatives to OEM?
gaucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
RUDEINC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I bought some "take off" Harley Sportster adjustable chrome coilovers for $20.00 each shipped to the house. If you look around you can get them in lengths from around 10.5" eye to eye to 13.5" eye to eye. The shocks I bought have a 1/2 hole but came with a sleeve that you can insert into the eye so you can use 3/8" bolts and not have to worry about drilling out the oem holes. They bolted up perfectly.
RUDEINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #17
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The fancy shocks were just too stiff for my liking so they are for sale. $70 plus shipping.
TxJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha