lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default will this motor work??

i just picked up a G9 cart with no motor --its gas and it has everything just needs a motor.. i found this motor in a lawn mower for cheap and i noticed its something like some of you board members use --lmk if something like this would work out.. thanks

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/grd/1508229697.html
dropnbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: will this motor work??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnbombs View Post
i just picked up a G9 cart with no motor --its gas and it has everything just needs a motor.. i found this motor in a lawn mower for cheap and i noticed its something like some of you board members use --lmk if something like this would work out.. thanks
Sure!! You can put just about anything in the carts!! We have taken 16hp vanny's out of our mowers at the golf course, and they have worked out great!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

has to be a horisontal crank with a crank that will fit a primary ctv clutch.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #4
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

^^^^briggs makes those types right?? i also found a nice motor 26hp from their site but its expensive ima look around and see if i find some big motor mowers around my town and try to experiment --i also have some 2 cycle motors from my gokarts when i used to race their 18hp but that would be too much fab work...
Old 12-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

yes most of the kits for carts are useing brigs. (or hondas)
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

The motor from that particular tractor will NOT work.

The flywheel shroud cover and fin grill is obviously pointing to the moon.
That is a vertical shaft 18hp.

You need a horizontal shaft motor for a GC. After that part is worked out, you have to determine if the RPMs of your donor motor are too much, or not enough.

A single cylinder old cast iron Kohler will work, but it has some pretty
low end torque, low rpms. A 2 stroke 18 would work, if it is a side shaft (horizontal) but you'd have to deal with it having no low end, but high rpm.

You can get a single cylinder 16 hp Briggs or Kohler to rev up to the desired
RPM, but I wouldn't want to sit on one all day that was peaked..That's just me. They were not designed to be high rpm engines.

The twins can handle it.

The problem with looking for a twin is they are expensive, expensive to work on, and most people know they are worth something. If you find one that has been taken off of a generator, the crank may not work.

I found a couple that were close to donor engines, but they were either worn out, or they had other issues.

Unless you get ALL the info together, and search and find the right one...(after all the other cart hounds have overlooked it) you are better off to
go with what you KNOW will work.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

^^^ thanks man that was helpful i saw that one for cheap but i didnt notice it was a horizontal shaft.. ill see if i find a cheap one and see how good it turns out --thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha