lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Tinny Rattle in a 08 Drive

Hey Tomcart
Thanks for the info and everyones suggestions. I have looked at my muffler and shielding a couple of times. There are 4 crimp welds holding the two halves of the muffler shield together. Those welds seem pretty secure to me. However the top and bottom of the shields are not secured in any way which could cause some kind of harmonic rattle at the right speeds and road conditions. With that said, I'm going to put the hose clamps on and find out if they fix the problem. It could very well (in my case) be a case of bad design and/or build rather than broken welds.
By the way where is the NAPA you got the clamps from? There are none in the Villages that I am aware of. It appears that I need about a 9" clamp to do the job. Lowes and Ace Hardware clamps only go to 7". I guess I could combine a 5" and a 4" but that would look pretty bad. If the fix works for me, I am also going for a new dealer installed muffler.
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #12
tomcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Leesburg, on 441 . It's a Super Store . It takes about 15 to 20 mins. to get there. It's on the left. This may just be the best store you ever went to !
tomcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Its only a 23 hours drive 1415 milles

would be a bit far for me to come down lol
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha