lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #11
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default Re: Rollcage / Upper Brushguard

Like Mike said you need high and low beam headlights with indicator.
- Horn
- Lighted liscense plate frame
- Windshield wiper with some kind of fluid sprayer.
- Some sort of emergency brake that is separate from the carts factory brakes.
- Review mirror
- Drivers side side mirror. Passenger side optional.
- D.O.T. tires.
- Lights with turn signals and brake lights, which you already have.
- Seat belts with shoulder straps, which you already have.
- Front and rear bumpers.
They do make a split windshield that is approved for road use.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I cant seem to find a as1 or as5 or whatever it is I need for a yamaha. On the checklist pdf that I saved from the state of michigan it just says windshield, not as1 or as2 or as5. I want to do it right. It also says that a police officer can do the checklist and sign it.Then you just take it to sos. Is this how you do it?
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #13
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahag9er View Post
KWH, I am in Michigan as well. Just out of curiosity who told you that you needed a cage with a minimum of 1.5 tubing? We build street legal carts on a regular basis. The stock bars and top have always passed inspection, which I see you already have on your cart. I am building a cage with back seat to put on my cart, but unfortunately it is for a Club Car not a Yamaha so it won't help much.
could you post some pics of your build. i'm in the thinking/plannining stages myself. i'm trying to balance weight/protection. and where to attach to cart.

also, thinking about a prerunner style bumper for lights and winch.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

I will try and get some pics. My camera is busted at the moment. I will have to check on the windshield. They recently came out with them and I know they are available for Ez-Go and Club Car. I have not put one on a Yamaha yet, but I assume they are available.
As far as the inspection goes we do have a police officer that does the inspections for us at $25.00 a crack. You can then take the needed paperwork to the S.O.S. and they will issue you a temporary plate. In a month or two the State will have your V.I.N. number ready. The cart will need one more quick inspection so that the V.I.N. can be installed on the cart and then it's back to the S.O.S. for the permanent plate. Lots of fun for sure.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha