lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
oldertwin11
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 yamaha G1 front wheel toe in

I installed a 6 inch jake lift kit in my 85 gas yamaha G1 golf cart. What holes should I put my front shocks in to correct my toe in?

what kind of gear oil should I use on the rear differntial?

Thanks,
oldertwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 85 yamaha G1 front wheel toe in

On my 81 G1 it was a play around thing. They should bow out a littel with no one in the cart and straighten up when your in the cart..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
oldertwin11
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, Should the front and the back of the cart be the same heigth with the jake's 6 inch lift kit. Mine is not. I have my front shocks set in the bottom hole and it is about 3inches lower in the front than the back. I raised the shocks to the top hole and I am still 1 1/2 lower than the back. Would new front shocks help? This is my first time doing this. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not sure with the jakes lift set up. but alot of guys on here go with coil over shocks. maybe someone more in tune with jakes set up will come on and help. the guys on this forum rock with the knowledge to get anything done to a cart....
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The front is softer because there is hardly an weight on it, mostly just the passengers, so you have to set that according to sag you get with a driver on it. Like posted it can come up higher empty, the arms are typically about level to make the tire straight vertical and thats where it should be driving around unless you cut the arms and reweld them like I did. So where the pivot in the center of the cart (arms are bolted on) is what sets the ride height.

The rear is harder due to a lot more weight on it, it depends on how the lift is set up. I built mine and put holes at the top to move the shock back and down a little. What happens is back makes them stand up more relative to the cradle; making them harder/stiffer. While moving them down just raises the lift with about the same stiffness....so it depends on how the holes are aligned. I have mine set stiff because I carry dirt/etc in the dump box at times, but it rides harder that way too and is a little higher to account for sag with weight. It will rub the plastic on the tires if I fill it with sand and that is a lot of weight. With it full I can hit the gas and it crawls off and the front tires go up until my trailer hitch hits the ground. I don't do that much am afraid that weight will hurt the axle so I go very slow. 30x40x7.5" box. The problem is the stock shocks are pretty limited...you try to make it soft and they are too weak to hold it up, you stand them up to make it stiff and you lose travel. I always wanted to lay them down and put quad shocks on it, but it works this way and I use it so much I never bothered...or use ATV shocks.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
oldertwin11
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responses. I put new front shocks on it today and everything is perfect.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha