lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
wrench71
Not Yet Wild

Default KF 82 Rebuild

Hi All,

I'm going to be rebuilding a KF 82 in a 91 DS. Are there any tips, tricks, warnings, etc. I should know before tearing it apart? What about special tools? This is not my cart so I don't want to get half way through and end up giving it back in pieces!

Thanks,

Sean
wrench71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
wrench71
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: KF 82 Rebuild

Hello??
wrench71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had the head on mine redone a few months back and if you are going that direction you need to be aware of the caps that are under the end of the valves. I don't know if you can find them in a kit anywhere with different thicknesses but the manual refers to some kind of kit/part number. These "caps" are how you set the clearance for the valves/tappets. I ended up slowly grinding mine to get the .004 to .008 clearance. Not a major deal but definately would help if you could find the kit and if it is inexpensive. I wasn't sure how deep into my engine I was going when I started and ended up with a few leftover parts. If you end up needing to buy what I have let me know and I will sell them to you cheaper than you can buy them anywhere else. They aren't doing me any good setting around. I upgraded to a big block a few weeks ago so I will not be needing them. (both crankshaft bearings and seals/side cover gasket/pump cover gasket/ may have some carb or air filter housing gasket(s) too, will have to check) I have the manual so if you can't find all the info you need on the internet PM me and I would be glad to look it up for you.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Jason do you have the rod bolt "lockwasher"? According to the engine diagram in the sticky threads it mounts on atop the oil splasher and is one piece. It looks like it aids in keeping the rod bolts snug.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know what you are refering to, don't have a new one, but let me see if the old junk motor I have has a good one in it. I'll let you know.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car