lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

Angry Rev Limiter

Does my 1990 clubcar carryall 1 have a rev limiter? Doesn't seem too? I am beginning to hate this cart. New top end, new carburetor, head milled .050, valves ground, valves adjusted, new fuel pump, new fuel lines, new pulse line, new micro switch...keep screwing around with float adjustment...seems to make difference, but seems really touchy, and not solving problem. The darn thing will sart cold...run around the block, or anywhere as long as it doesn't stop...then won't start till it sits for about 5 minutes or more...ran it in service mode tonight till it was hot took the spark plug wire off the plug...put a bolt in it turned motor over seems to be plenty of spark...ie...wondering if the ignitor is going bad...don't know what else to do...you guys have been amazing...this site has walked me through every step...know more about this stupid kf82 than I ever wanted to...Thanks in advance!
n2gooddeals2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
stinger5
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rev Limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2gooddeals2 View Post
Does my 1990 clubcar carryall 1 have a rev limiter? Doesn't seem too? I am beginning to hate this cart. New top end, new carburetor, head milled .050, valves ground, valves adjusted, new fuel pump, new fuel lines, new pulse line, new micro switch...keep screwing around with float adjustment...seems to make difference, but seems really touchy, and not solving problem. The darn thing will sart cold...run around the block, or anywhere as long as it doesn't stop...then won't start till it sits for about 5 minutes or more...ran it in service mode tonight till it was hot took the spark plug wire off the plug...put a bolt in it turned motor over seems to be plenty of spark...ie...wondering if the ignitor is going bad...don't know what else to do...you guys have been amazing...this site has walked me through every step...know more about this stupid kf82 than I ever wanted to...Thanks in advance!
Tom, ( Shadowman) is the man on KF82's. Don't hang yourself until he chimes in. He WILL get you going in the right direction
stinger5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

my 90 dosn,t have an rpm limitor.......however i have seen them......it would be bolted right to top of coil and plugged in right ther if you have one, you may just have coil and exitor coil........its pretty simple it needs compression, spark and fuel to run.....and when it dosn,t your lacking one of those..........so take it out and run it like you have been and when it won,t start 1st check for spark ( good strong blue spark ) if you have it check for fuel.............even though its a new carb i have had to tear them down and clean them because they sat somewhere really long on a shelf or something.....i know i know.......i,m just saying what i went thur....anyways if you have spark pull line at carb crank over see if shes spittin fuel.........also after it quits check your compression.................if spark is the issue check the connector between coil and exitor coil........if ok my 1st thought would be exitor coil........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks...Tom...I will calm down and do those checks. Does seem to be fuel in my opinion...so will pull the fuel line today and see if it is still pumping. How do I check the exitor coil? Thanks again!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you really can,t check it......they go bad in several different ways just like the limitors do............one of the last ones i did late this summer ended up just being really dirty where it plugged into coil...........but as for bench testing C.C. tells you to put a known good or new coil in and if it cures it theres your answer...............problem with them is you can have one fail one way and another fail in a whole different way....what i look for is a good strong spark all the time, i have seen them throw an intermittant spark where it quits sparking for a second or 2 than sparks again and most of the time when this happens its a yellow spark...............to me that says its a weak spark so if you check for spark use a good spark tester....................
Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

Ran the thing until it was hot left me stranded at the end of the street...got it home removed the fuel line...turned it over and it started...put it back on stalled...think the float must need to be adjusted more...get the float to high and it acts starved for fuel...to low and I am getting to much fuel (or am I backward?)...replaced plug today and existing plug...not very old was black????

Thanks again for the reply's and help...think I am getting closer?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2gooddeals2 View Post
Ran the thing until it was hot left me stranded at the end of the street...got it home removed the fuel line...turned it over and it started...put it back on stalled...think the float must need to be adjusted more...get the float to high and it acts starved for fuel...to low and I am getting to much fuel (or am I backward?)...replaced plug today and existing plug...not very old was black????

Thanks again for the reply's and help...think I am getting closer?

float has to be about perfect..........why not just pull the carb and go over it? if its a new carb and you have to adjust the float ( it shoulda been adjusted right out of box ) i think i would spend some extra time going the distance..............................
Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

I will pull the carb...got it down to about 2 minutes. Does anyone have float adjustment specs or instructions?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i beleive the bendable tab shoud be 3/8 of an inch from where it rest on bowl...3/8 of an inch is the adjustment.............................
Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

I am assuming 3/8 from the edge of the bowl to the "top" of the float when the carb is upside down...opposite the pivot point?

Tore this new carb apart 20+ times today. Cleaned scrubbed, blew out with air compressor, reassembled, adjusted the float from 1/4"-1" and everything in between...cart starts, runs, bowl overfills, gas starts coming out of the overflow on the carb...let off the gas cart stalls...very hard to restart...flooded every time...hooked hose to overflow...blew into hose...raised and lowered valve in seat to confirm it is working...checked out OK

At wits end...got to be something simple...
Any Ideas????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car