lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
ellismd
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for used FE290 Engine

I have a 1996 CC with fe290 and the engine sounds like someone is beating a pot and the crank case has busted somewhere because there was some oil that came out when the noise began. From what I can tell there is gas in the oil. Not sure if it came from the float sticking or if there is another way it can happen. I pulled the dip stick and it still shows the level still on the stick but looked real thin. I touched the oil on the dipstick and it smelled of gasoline. Not sure if there is a blancer or something that can knock an hole in the crank case and the engine still run.? (but sounding like it's coming apart)

Would appreciate a line on a used engine or advice on this one. How difficult is engine removal?

Thanks for any info.

Mark
ellismd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for used FE290 Engine

Welcome to BGW, It sure sounds like it is on it's last leg but before pulling the motor Check the compression. Let us know what your reading's are and we can go from there.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
ellismd
Not Yet Wild

Doc,
Thanks for the advice. I will check compression but on a small engine like this do you mean to actually use a gage? Working on lawn mower engines I have put my thumb over the plug hole to get some idea of compression and if the vales seem to be operating properly. If you mean to use a gage, what compression range is acceptable? The engine ran fine with good starting and good power before this incident happened. For some reason I thought I would have gotten a lot more along the lines of advice on what to do with this engine or what could have caused several of the problems. Is the problem I am having non-typical? I have never worked on a fe290 but have rebuilt a number of briggs and tecumseh engines from 3 to 16hp. I am familiar with replacing piston rings and lapping in valves and making sure they have adequate running clearance. What is the best way to pull the engine? Work from above? From below with it on a ramp or something?

Thanks,
Mark
ellismd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
XtremeGolfCarts
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got a great running motor FE290 $800+ shipping. Email me at : brbrooks75@yahoo.com and I can send you a video of motor running.
XtremeGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car