lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
juliehaz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Splitting 244 engine block problem

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has any idea on splitting a 2PG 244 cc Robin engine block circa 1979. Have removed all dowel pins and bolts. The block will split about 1/8th of an inch all the way around but we dont want to break it if there is something we are missing. Or do you have to have a jig or a puller to tear apart?

Any help appreciated

thanks again, Julie
juliehaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
aaronbradford
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Splitting 244 engine block problem

I have a 1987 2pg 244cc and I had the same issue. If you make sure to get all bolts and it is it is separated a little all the way around, I would use a rubber dead blow mallet to tap it apart. Be careful to only hit the thicker parts of the flanges. I also used a tool for removing the trim from around a door, it will look like a 6" long little pry bar with a very wide, tapered end. That was small enought to work it apart with a little as well and wide enough to spread the force around and not bend, break, etc the crank case.

The bearings are on the crank and are probably stuck on there( or are rusted on) and since the crank shaft is tapered they might take a little to tap off. If your crank shaft seals are in good shape, they are probably holding it together as well.
aaronbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
juliehaz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Splitting 244 engine block problem

Thanks for the info. We got it apart. Some bearings were grenaded. So far so Good.
So starts the overhaul. Would you have any torque specs on this?

thanks again
juliehaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO