lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
kymike
Gone Wild

Default Re: just about had it with it

what part ohio are you located
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #12
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

might have to see if i can replace those shoes makes sense to me if not grabbing it surely is slipping then
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #13
jcurrie69
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Check to see how high your belt is running up on your drive clutch. The wear marks should be fairly close to the top if not you need a rebuild. I had the same problem on my 98 ds until i rebuilt mine now i get 20mph.
jcurrie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

wear marks arent even close to top
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #15
jcurrie69
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

It's fairly cheap ($75ish) and easy to rebuild but you need a couple pullers. One to get the clutch off and one to get the clutch seperated. Made a HUGE difference for speed.
jcurrie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #16
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

hmmm your clutch aint fully engaging clubber! i have alo heard others usingthe carryall belt for more speed since its just a hair smaller then the ds belt, i would look at that rear clutch. if you got to go to century for the arts the parts will come out of toledeo. columbus never has the parts always have to ship them to me. i dont understad how they do any buisness, if they always haveto ship parts out of there warehouse. hell i have a carryall with 22s and the factory speed is ruffly 17 and i have had the gs say 23 on a good flat spot, and going down hill it hit 25! my rear clutch engaes before the front is even half way engaged.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #17
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

rear clutch seems like it is all there not worn down to where is wouldnt move. ill load up one of these days see if someone can pinpoint the problem. it one of the things not sure why i even have it just sits there but if moved better i could see myself wanting to ride it more
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
Outlawsnemesis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Does your cart hit the rev limiter? Or does the oil light come on? If not its not turned up either adjust throttle cable or put a tywrap through the spring on the governor. Tywrap is easiest. If it cuts out its revving too high. Loosen tywrap and try again.
Outlawsnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

rev limitor ground cut ive tried messing with governor driving didnt seem to help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car