lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Hauling Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
In all honesty... my cart doesn't budge from it's spot after a 250 mile trip!
I DO understand the concept! BUT... the straps wear out where they rub,
and I refuse to take a chance losing my cart in the middle, or on the side of a highway!

So there!

Scaredy cat

I crisscross mine, they dont rub. In the hauler if it moves 5" in either direction, I'll have cabinet damage.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Scaredy cat

I crisscross mine, they dont rub. In the hauler if it moves 5" in either direction, I'll have cabinet damage.
Ohhh sure... rub it in!

I may not have a Toy Hauler in October... but, next spring is right around the corner!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

another suggestion ,check the tires for dry rot on the tread and side walls... tires build up pressure on hot roads & long trips, I have had a couple blow outs because of dry rot.
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #14
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

As the others have said already, strap it front and rear and if you stop be sure to check the straps out. When I am hauling stuff on an open trailer or in the bed of my truck I keep one eye on the mirrors a lot as well. Usually you can tell if the straps start to get loose by either watching the strap itself or watching the cart react to bumps.

Also, with a cart the motor is towards the rear of the cart so you may want to back it onto the trailer to get that weight over the tongue of the trailer vs. having it behind the axle of the trailer. May make a big difference as to how the trailer behaves on the ride home.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Use a good quality ratcheting straps at least 2" wide for the strap across the floorboard. The wider straps usually have higher quality/load rated ratchets. Looks like there's eye bolts coming out of the side rails to attach to. Cinch it down good so that it compresses the springs/shocks and won't allow the cart to bounce. CC park brakes can pop off if not set tight or worn, so check it out. One across the floor board and then a safty chain/strap draped through that goal post thingy and around the A arm and you should be good to go. Have the hubs been greased on the trailer?
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car