lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: fe400 running issue carb???

Are you saying it leaks oil out of the crankcase vent? Or a vent in the dry sump? Crankcase vent would be blowby in the cylinder. And oil out of the tank vent would be 1) bad position of the sump tank,2) plugged crankcase vent, 3) overfilled with oil. Does it do it when it gets hot? Or when revving the engine?
I live south of Buffalo,NY

Last edited by Copo427ss; 10-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Add
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

its out of the oil canister. so the top vent hole in the dry sump oil reservoir. im not sure when it does it.. when idling it doesnt come out. but when i tear around in it it has oil back there... it is not over filled. and when i checked it a little while ago it wasnt plugged... so if its positioning do i need to move it lower than the engine? you can see where it is in the picture...
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would think that the sump should be higher than the engine or at least as high as the head. On the offshore race boat I remember we had an issue with oil blowing out of the vents on both engine sumps. And if I remember correctly I moved the sumps up so the tops were higher than the engine. I can't remember if there was something else we did. But on other dry sump atvs and even Harley's. the sumps all sit higher than the engine blocks and even or just about with the head(s)
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car