lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
scuba66
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Top end rebuild

The more Info I get leads to think it is the rings also. I read a post the other day where a guy had a head gasket blown between the cylinder and the valves and it was pumping oil into the cyl. That would be an easy fix. I am going to tare into it this weekend and see what I can find. Thanks for the comments
Harry
scuba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
Nicky
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That would be nice if it was just a head gasket. Keep us informed I'm interested in the outcome. My new piston and rings are suppose to arrive today and then I'll be able to take my block to the machinist. When mine started to burn oil I too was hoping for more minor things to be wrong. Good luck dont come easy by me but I hope your luck is better.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
scuba66
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Dean thanks for the info. I think I am going to pull my head today and check to see if the gasket is blown. Harry
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #24
clubcarjeff
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scuba,
In one of your posts I read that you were going to "pull the jug and piston". The FE350 cylinder is part of the block. Engine has to be pulled and disassembled to remove the piston. However, a head gasket, valve seals and breather valve can be replaced while the head is off. Good luck!
clubcarjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #25
scuba66
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Clubcarjeff for the Info It looks like it will be a week or so before I can get to it but thanks. Harry
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
scuba66
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well I am bringing my Cart home today and will start trying to find out where the oil is coming from. I will first pull the head and see if there is any visible sign that might tell me where the oil is coming form and then move down if I can not find anything. Thanks to all the post that heve given me lots of information to help me to try and find the problem.

Harry
Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #27
clubcarjeff
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please post after you get 'er fixed and let us know. Nuthin' to it, but to do it!
clubcarjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
scuba66
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Dean I got my head off I want you to take a look and see if your gasket looked like this one. I think the oil is leaking between the valves and the combustion chamber. I am attaching two pictures. Take a look guy's and let me know what you think. Thanks Harry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (333.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo-1.jpg (345.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

bigblockman is correct on the plugged fins relaxing the rings on the piston. Just finnished a 290 with the same problem. I just had to hone and put in new rings. Runs great. I also always put in new valve seals. For 6.00, you would be crazy not to. A blown head gasket is going to show up on a compression test. If it was hot, I always lap the head on a thick piece of glass with a sheet of emery to make sure it's true.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #30
scuba66
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks TPJ for your input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car