lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Heavy duty electric dump kit

Is there a heavy duty electric dump kit for a workhorse?

I was just wondering b/c when I fill my bed up with dirt and try to dump it it won't work and I have to lift it up manually while trying holding the electric switch up.

I notice that the lift is attached in the back and pushes the front of the bed up. Wouldn't it be easier to attach on the the front of the bed on the cart and lift the bed up? I am not up on my physics so this probably wouldn't work but I was thinking of getting another lift and placing it on the front and running both of them at the same time.

Sorry it is hard to put into words what I am thinking and for those of you who know what you are doing this might be a real stupid question/idea but it would be nice to just hit a switch and raise the bed while it is full. thanks for your time. (I tried to google this but got nowhere.)
FRATT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Heavy duty electric dump kit

I think you may be just asking too much of the little lift. Dirt is deceptively heavy especially if it has any moisture in it. Your best bet might be to fill it only 1/2 way and put the dirt in the rear only at that?
I don't know of any upgrade for this...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I have been filling it up and shovelling about 2/3's of it out before is use the lift, but I was thinking work smarter not harder! oh well, another couple of years and the kids will be old enough to do it and I will sit on the cart and watch.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Those "little" lifts use a 1500 lb actuator, if it was working right it could lift a couple of those beds full of dirt. Somethings wrong with the system, maybe someone has used an actuator that's a POS.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the response ruredy, I will see if i can find any info printed on the lift, if it is a POS replacing it would be worth it. (I hate shovelling). If it is the right lift what would be the most likely problem? The lift was put on afterwards, it was originally a manual dump. thanks ed
Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
fantomxracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you ever considered an air bag tilt/lift i have seen many economical kits for a full size truck so a smaller bag should work great with a small d/c powered compressor- and air bag tilts take up a minimum of space when compressed
fantomxracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #7
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's GOT to be a bad actuator. They used the same type of actuators for those HUGE satellite dishes back in the 80's, and the lifted just fine from the ground up and around to the ground on the other side and back, sometimes hundreds of times a day without fail for years! The only difference was the voltage rating on the actuator for the home voltage (it was somewhere around 36 volts if I remember right). If your's wont lift a small (wheelborrow sized) load of dirt, It is either binding, or the motor is weak, or something of that nature.
hope this was helpful.
technician#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Actuator, If it were added later, are you sure you have an OEM setup?
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't think it is an OEM setup. I haven't had time to work on it yet but it stopped working completely and I looked at the connections to the battery and the connector was bad. (I grabbed it to see if it was tight and it broke off) I will fix that and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #10
technician#2
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRATT70 View Post
I don't think it is an OEM setup. I haven't had time to work on it yet but it stopped working completely and I looked at the connections to the battery and the connector was bad. (I grabbed it to see if it was tight and it broke off) I will fix that and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the info.
post back and let us know, I bet that was all that was wrong.
technician#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO