lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
hamy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default engine not turning off

My engine will sometimes stay running when I let off the gas pedal even with the parking brake on. I dont know what year the cart is but it has the kf 82 engine in it. Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to fix it?
hamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
hamy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: engine not turning off

I think I figured my problem out. I moved the governor rod at the rearend forward or lengthened it to gain speed which worked but now sometimes it sticks. Now this creates a new question can I just disconnect this rod?
hamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You can disconnect the rod, but just watch your engine speed. Removing the rod will allow your motor (and cart) to run faster and it'll be more prone to damage.

If you let other people drive your cart regularly, I would try and fix the sticking governor rod rather than remove it. Generally, people won't drive someone else's cart quite as carefully as one drives his own.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamy View Post
My engine will sometimes stay running when I let off the gas pedal even with the parking brake on. I dont know what year the cart is but it has the kf 82 engine in it. Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to fix it?

I had an Ezgo doing the exact same thing and it was the starter solenoid sticking,replaced the solenoid with a new one from CPP and problem solved
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car