lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
1997holiday
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 club car will not start

I have a 1991 club car. It only starts with spark plug wire away from spark plug. When I put wire back on plug, it will not start. ???? Plug wire approx. 1/4 away from plug and sparking while rumming

Last edited by 1997holiday; 06-21-2013 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: Added comment
1997holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 91 club car will not start

Welcome to BGW Holiday!

It could be a possibility that your spark plug boot may be bad! (just the boot is replaceable)
You could first try dielectric grease (silicone grease) on the inside, and outside of the boot to see if that helps!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
1997holiday
Not Yet Wild

Thank you I will try that.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
CRZ
Not Yet Wild

I have a 91 CC with exactly the same problem. It does not make sense to me. As soon as the boot is back on, there is no fire at all. As soon as you place the boot right on top of plug with out pushing it down to lock in place it fired right up.
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Must not be getting a good connection. Get a new plug end or try clamping/crushing the opening smaller so it grabs the plug tighter.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
1997holiday
Not Yet Wild

I gave up. Took it to shop to diag. and repair. To hot to work on it. Thanks for suggestions. will let all know what is found.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
CRZ
Not Yet Wild

Looking for an update!!!
Anyway my update is I changed the spark plug and it worked great with the boot on the plug like it should be. Well after 1 hour of driving around flawless off and on the cart just would not start again with the boot on the plug. I took the boot off the plug and the cart would go again. I then bought a new boot but the new boot would not fire on the plug either nor off the plug as the new plug is way more insulated. I put the old boot back on and it sits by the plug so I can atleast drive around. I'm going to try a new plug and see what happens again. I did clean the plug with no change. Can a plug go bad after 1 hour of total use no continuous use?
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car