lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Driven clutch will not close.

I have an 06 cc precedent with a stuck driven clutch. The clutch is stuck open. I have had the clutch off of the transaxle. Taped it a few times with a hammer. No luck. My next move is to spray it down with pb blaster and let it soak for a bit. The cart is driveable however as expected NO low end torque. Any ideas or advice?
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Driven clutch will not close.

A little more information. The cart has sat for a year or so in a harsh salt air enviroment. I did clean the engine and transaxle with engine degreaser. As far as I know I did not get any on the driven clutch. From what little I can see the ramps are in ggod shape. Can't see much of the buttons. I.m not above a few more love taps with a BMFH.

If it moves and shouldn't use duct tape If it should move and dosen't use WD40. If that fails use a a bigger hammer.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

On mine, the center shaft had rusted not allowing the sliding sheave to move. I couldnt het the cam and spring to compress with some love taps from my BMFH. Once I got it all apart I cleaned the rust off with a roll of fine emery cloth. Reassembled and all is good. Hope this helps.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
dave*m
Not Yet Wild

If the 06 has the original clutch it needs to be replaced.There was a service bulletin on this about the company that was making the clutches not having the proper honing on the bushing.This made the clutch stick and not return to stationary position. Unfortunatly this will not be covered under warranty.The newer clutches are from the original manufacturer now.
dave*m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Killer & Dave. Sadly I do not know if this is the original clutch. However I will try Killers cure and if that fails. Then I will have to replace the clutch. I will try to research the service bulletin to see if I can tell if the clutch has been replaced. I know it might be a long shot but I will try. Thanks again for the info. I will keep you posted on my findings as well as the fix.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok I removed the clutch again. This time I took two clamps to compress the clutch together. After a few turns on the clamps it popped closed. And Yes the Shaft was rusted to the point the moving face would not return. In the next day or so I will pull things apart and clean the shaft.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Pretty easy fix, glad it worked out.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got the clutch apart cleaned up and reassebled. Installed and tested. Works like a champ. Thanks again for the help.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Sweet! Make sure to use Loctite on the bolt and get it good and tight. My driven clutch bolt backed itself out over the weekend. It took several months to happen, but it did, and my keyway escaped as well. No harm done though, got it fixed earlier today.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the heads up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car