lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
jokerr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default new cart owner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New member to this thread! and new cart owner. I have recently bought a 1993 ez go marathon. My plans are to lift it and to find roll cage and brush guard. The cart is in okay shape, except for a few dings and torn seat covers.

I am a Ranger for the Boy Scouts of America and manage a 246 arce camp in Delaware, Ohio. With our terrain here I think I need to lift the cart, Im tired of pulling sticks out of the frame!

I however have some questions, if someone can help... Number one if I install the 4" Jakes Droped cross member Lift kit, can I fit 22" Tires? Second DO they make 22" tires to fit standard golf cart wheels? Or do I need to increase the size to 10" wheels? Is there any Benifit to increasing the size of the wheel? With the new lift kit, do i need to get different shocks and springs?

thanks for any help I can get!

BTW it seems limited on lift kits for marathons? is there any long travel kits for these carts?
jokerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new cart owner

You should be able to fit 22" tires with a 4" lift and the benefit is you will gain some mph, and more clearance.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW! Check out this site for lifts on your Marathon: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/lift-kits.html

So how do you like being a Ranger for the Boy Scouts? That's really impressive! I bet it is a fun and rewarding job not to mention filled with quite a bit of work.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
jokerr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guy... i went out and bought the jakes 4" drop axel kit today an now have 22x11x10 duro tires on black steel tims. Got a great deal for the whole package. at a local golf cart store here in Ohio. Only charged me 595 for everythign no tax.

The boy scouts is a great place to woek and i love the camp its always fun. I will post before and afte rpics of the lift...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
jokerr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

alright guys my wife is not happy with my new money pit! I think I got a good deal so far! I bought the cart for 800 bucks and other than a new ground wire the cart was in good mechanical operation! It did have ripps in the seat and was dirty! But a good scrubbing took care of it! I have nto received my lift kit yet but it should be coming today. If Fed Ex shows up this time! LOL I paid 595 for the kit and tires! I will take before and after pictures of the lift instalation. and let you guys see.
What you guys think did i pay to much for the cart or the lift?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

It is not if you paid too much, only you can say what is too much for you. I do not know what the cart is worth but it sounds like you got a good deal on the rest of the package. Post up some pics when you get a chance.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Vix
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like a great deal to me. Welcome to the addiction.

Vix
Vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Your kinda asking the wrong crowd about paying to much, many of us have thousand upon thousand of dollars in our carts. Who are we to say it's to much.
If you still have a roof over your head, cloths on your back. and your kids are taking care of, then no, it's not to much.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
jokerr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy.jpg (33.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-31-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
jokerr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Alrigh the lift kit and tires are on. It rolls around camp faster than it did before! Nice speed for a scout camp! :o) the lift kit came and after taking the front end apart I noticed I need new parts on the front suspension. ANyone out there have front leaf springs? and shocks? lol I put it back together with what was on there but I have to replace them soon! its 1 93 ezgo Marathon.

Also, Im not sure what I can do about the tires rubbing when im going up banks and turning i get tire rub. Ugh. I dont really want to cut the body to make them clear! I used Jakes lift kit and their suggested wire size for their lift kit.

next step skid plates on the underside . Unless you guys dont think its needed? Plans for paint and body in the near future!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO