lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: MCI issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Only two I have are on the two MCI motors I have that are going in the MPT 800s. The plan is to put one in tomorrow. One of those motors is missing a flywheel though, and I know I don't have one here or in the parts yard. There may be a spare pulsar coil at the shop, I'll have to get over there to do a bit of searching. If I find one, I would be happy to do a straight swap for a flywheel and fan for a MCI motor if you have one. What part of the country are you in? NC here.
I would be glad to swap with you but right now I can't find the flywheel. I took the engine apart myself but that was over two years ago . I always put things up but this one is a puzzle. I only can find the fan, not the flywheel. Let me look more tomorrow.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Only two I have are on the two MCI motors I have that are going in the MPT 800s. The plan is to put one in tomorrow. One of those motors is missing a flywheel though, and I know I don't have one here or in the parts yard. There may be a spare pulsar coil at the shop, I'll have to get over there to do a bit of searching. If I find one, I would be happy to do a straight swap for a flywheel and fan for a MCI motor if you have one. What part of the country are you in? NC here.
I know they are different but can’t remember which style is mci or pre... do you know which is which or have a pic? I know for fact I’ve got a flywheel and fan, I just don’t remember which cart it came from. I’ve had too many

If it’s what you need just let me know. You can have it for whatever shipping costs, I just ask you “pass it along” if you find the coil Tommy needs since he can’t find his flywheel
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I know they are different but can’t remember which style is mci or pre... do you know which is which or have a pic? I know for fact I’ve got a flywheel and fan, I just don’t remember which cart it came from. I’ve had too many

If it’s what you need just let me know. You can have it for whatever shipping costs, I just ask you “pass it along” if you find the coil Tommy needs since he can’t find his flywheel
I just had to go back and look again CP . I found I think what he needs. The one I have the red arrow pointed to is the MCI.
The other is Pre Mci.

The best I remember you don't have to use a puller to get it off. It has been a while since I removed it. It was laying right in front of my eyes behind where that dummy hid it lol

JPonLKN, is this the part you need ? I included pictures of both sides of the fan/flywheel. They are much different on the MCI and Pre Mic CP241 as you can tell in the pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCI Flywheel .jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCI Flywheel 2.jpg (234.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCI Flywheel.jpg (227.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-26-2020, 09:22 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Good info

I remember they’re completely different from one another. Mine is a pre-mci so it wouldn’t have worked anyway. I tried :)

No on the mci motors you don’t need a puller. They are on a key way and slide right off
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:54 PM   #15
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sure looks like what I need. Threaded shaft hole? Here is a pic of my flywheel-less engine
20201126_214811.jpg
And right there on top is what you need. I want to get one cart ready to deliver tomorrow, and will see if I can get back to the shop this weekend. Might get a chance tomorrow...not sure. Wish I could guarantee there is a pulsar there.

Just curious....did you clean your pick up real well? I had a pre MCI pulsar act bad, but cleaned the contact and worked great.
I will reach back out when I can get to the golf shop
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:40 PM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sure looks like what I need. Threaded shaft hole? Here is a pic of my flywheel-less engine
Attachment 212518
And right there on top is what you need. I want to get one cart ready to deliver tomorrow, and will see if I can get back to the shop this weekend. Might get a chance tomorrow...not sure. Wish I could guarantee there is a pulsar there.

Just curious....did you clean your pick up real well? I had a pre MCI pulsar act bad, but cleaned the contact and worked great.
I will reach back out when I can get to the golf shop
Yes, it was cleaned and still no good. Ohms shows its bad. No hurry on checking. Just let me know. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO