lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2015, 05:05 AM   #1
sadavis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 Precedent electric Club Car Heditates

My 2011 Precedent Club Car has been checked and all battery posts, voltages, connections chech good.the Club Car , was just purchased and the cart will not go on intermittent occasions. Softly pressing the accelerator , or pushing hard does not engage motor. cart runs good at 14 mph, when it works, slow acceleration cart is a bit jumpy or not as smooth as you expect from Club Car, where or what may I check to fix this issue if no cart movement when accelerator is pressed. All batteries check good, all battery cells check good, terminals clean . Water levels perfect,
sadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent electric Club Car Heditates

The MCOR can cause both of those symptoms.

Hesitation:
With the key OFF, press the pedal down and up about 30 to 50 times. This will remove any surface oxidation on the MCOR resistance track that controls the throttle signal.
Cart not starting:
Remove the 2-pin connector from the MCOR and place a large "paper clip" on the harness connector in order to by-pass the pedal switch inside the MCOR.
If the cart works fine after that, replace the MCOR.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The correct part for your repair is AM293001 - MCOR2 to MCOR4 conversion kit. We sell lots of them as it's a very common issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadavis View Post
My 2011 Precedent Club Car has been checked and all battery posts, voltages, connections chech good.the Club Car , was just purchased and the cart will not go on intermittent occasions. Softly pressing the accelerator , or pushing hard does not engage motor. cart runs good at 14 mph, when it works, slow acceleration cart is a bit jumpy or not as smooth as you expect from Club Car, where or what may I check to fix this issue if no cart movement when accelerator is pressed. All batteries check good, all battery cells check good, terminals clean . Water levels perfect,
If we only had a dollar for every time we have heard that the batteries all check good....

If you just bought an 11 model chances are good that it still has the OE batteries and that they are not long for this world, and as you stated your voltage in another post 48.8 volts is all but dead or about 50 % discharged. Fully charged an rested battery pack should be north of 50.5 volts. You likely need new batteries and surely need to replace the MCOR from a series 2 to a 4 as commented...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If we only had a dollar for every time we have heard that the batteries all check good....
Followed by I just purchased the cart
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:28 AM   #6
sadavis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay if I may indulge you all again. my Precedent 2011 Ser.# PH1143 Batteries under fully charged reading of 48.4 volts and with two issues I wish to correct or improve,
you all say 48.4 volts 2011 original Trojan 8 volt batteries needs replacement, and I need a MCOR2 to MCOR4 conversion kit. will I need to anything to my tires , suspension, or brakes?
One club car video says I need to read 48 volts minimum this is why I sort of question the usefulness of the batteries $$$$. what is the speed code that I need to have a dealer set with this new MCOR4 speed code 4 or speed code 5>
Old 03-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Okay if I may indulge you all again. my Precedent 2011 Ser.# PH1143 Batteries under fully charged reading of 48.4 volts and with two issues I wish to correct or improve,
you all say 48.4 volts 2011 original Trojan 8 volt batteries needs replacement, and I need a MCOR2 to MCOR4 conversion kit. will I need to anything to my tires , suspension, or brakes?
One club car video says I need to read 48 volts minimum this is why I sort of question the usefulness of the batteries $$$$. what is the speed code that I need to have a dealer set with this new MCOR4 speed code 4 or speed code 5>
And we will answer your indulgence again.... From reading your previous postings your batteries are all but dead! A rested 48 volt battery pack if in 100 % SOC will read nearest to 51 volts; your pack fully charged is reading 48.4 volts... This is well over 50 % discharged....

As to the MCOR2 to MCOR4 throttle conversion is something that my 2011 needed badly and I bought it nearly 2 years ago refurbed with crapped out batteries too.... The MCOR is built around a small cheap potentiometer and they wear out causing pedal issues like you described...

Since you posted speed of 13.X MPH that tells us that you likely are set at speed code 3 which limits to 14 MPH... Speed Code 4 will get you closest to 20 MPH "WITH" good batteries, properly inflated tires and brakes that do not drag! Speed Code 5 will not work with your EXCEL based cart...

YOU NEED TO START WITH GOOD BATTERIES AND BUILD FROM THERE !!!
Old 03-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

NOTE: We also never take our batteries south of 48.4 volts either as this is where damage begins to set in that they never recover from....
Old 03-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #9
sadavis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: 2011 Precedent electric Club Car Heditates

I will let you know how it turns out. I appreciate your patience ,,, all of you
Old 03-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #10
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I will let you know how it turns out. I appreciate your patience ,,, all of you
No problem.... While it sounds like a jaded rub we really do hear the "batteries are good" comment a lot and it more than like happened to us when we were new to this too... I myself was furious to have found weak batteries and a bad MCOR in a completely refurbished cart I purchased from a very large shop with an Internet presence.

Tags
precedent elect hesitates
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car