lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Cgl
Not Yet Wild

Default Medalist problems

Hey guys, I have a 36 volt medalist I've been modifying for the last 6 months. I'm having some power issues.

Completely at random the cart dies, acts like the batteries are dead. Now this can happen 30 mins into driving or 3 minutes into driving.

I haven't done any electrical modifications aside from adding a separate 12v system for my tunes and lights. No work on the stock 36v system at all.

I know my charger is good. My battery life gauge (gas gauge) works. And I've had it happen while my gas gauge is reading about 90% battery.

Is this a common issue? Can anyone point me in the right direction at all as to what to be checking/fixing

Thanks for your time.

Chris
Cgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Medalist problems

Put a volt meter on the batteries at rest and when it happens?

These guys say those things are hokey and not reliable
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post

These guys say those things are hokey and not reliable
he means the battery life gauge

check all the battery cables , give them a tug and a wiggle
then check the nuts for tightness
Old 05-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
Cgl
Not Yet Wild

Hey again guys, all my cables are tight, I do however have a fair bit of corrosion on the terminals. That will be cleaned up tonight. The batteries are 8 years old, I'll be replacing them shortly as well, and my main power wireally is getting fairly warm. Plan on upgrading cables as well.

Tonight the cart did it again. Over half capacity on the gas gauge. And the cart just slowly losing power.. my foot all the way to the floor and she's barely crawling.. stop, let it sit for two minutes and it takes off like it never happened..

I'm lost.. haha

Any more thoughts?

Thanks.
Cgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My money says your FNR switch is shot. I used to have much the same issue. Pulling it apart, polishing the contacts and smearing a liberal application of dielectric grease all over it and putting it back together nice and tight worked for awhile, but I finally ended up buying a new one. The contacts will grow corrosion back inside the plastic housing that you can't see and it will cause resistance. The faces of the contacts will wear out but you need a micrometer to measure it to know the difference.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO